D’Acqua

If I eat in Sunderland it tends to be a byproduct of doing something else really, and even then it's not often. I'd tend to pick Luciano's in those instances.

Now there's a place that would be a big miss - where else could I go for classic Italian fayre?
That’s where the owner of D’ Acqua learnt his trade

Really? Haven't been in for years. Struck me as a bog standard Italian. Would much prefer D'Aqua, or even Adriano's who I think is another one who came from Luciano's.
Niver heard of it.

I know Luciano's is nowt particularly flash, but it's a bloody institution innit. Yeah it's bog standard Italian fayre, but they do it well. It's been there donkeys years and I've been gannin' there for years.

Spot on location and service for the theatre crowd anarl (my last few visits have been for a pre-show meal).

Niver heard of it.

I know Luciano's is nowt particularly flash, but it's a bloody institution innit. Yeah it's bog standard Italian fayre, but they do it well. It's been there donkeys years and I've been gannin' there for years.

Spot on location and service for the theatre crowd anarl (my last few visits have been for a pre-show meal).
The location is a dream down a side street next to some shut down bars and the entrance to a dingy multi storey car park. It's the first place I show when I've got family up for the weekend.
There's about 5 Italian restaurants better than Luciano's in the town nowadays tbh.

The location is a dream down a side street next to some shut down bars and the entrance to a dingy multi storey car park. It's the first place I show when I've got family up for the weekend.
There's about 5 Italian restaurants better than Luciano's in the town nowadays tbh.
Yes I get that but it's proximity is good. And they're good at getting you fed and watered in time for the show.

There might be. I enjoyed Angelo's and I appreciate what they try to do there, but if the whim takes me to have an Italian in Sunderland though I still think I'd prefer the more homely menu on offer at Luciano's.
My mistake, meant Angelo's :lol:
I googled the fucker and there's one in Castletown - I thowt I'm not fuckin' gannin there! :lol:

There’s been some great places to eat over the years. But they sit empty for weeks in end because people panic if the main is over £20.

I don’t know if you are on a wind up but you are right. Mind £460k turnover for a little restaurant like that is staggering.
About John Street? Nope.

Couldn't tell ya if it's good or bad to be honest. Works out about 80-90 tables a week maybe? Open 5 nights a week so say 15-20 tables a night. Is that good? Bad? Steady away? I suppose as long as it's profitable it doesn't really matter.

About John Street? Nope.

Couldn't tell ya if it's good or bad to be honest. Works out about 80-90 tables a week maybe? Open 5 nights a week so say 15-20 tables a night. Is that good? Bad? Steady away? I suppose as long as it's profitable it doesn't really matter.
To make a wage for yourself, missus and employees and walk away with 70k+ a year profit is outstanding I’d say. Any business that gives you a living and makes nearly a million pound in 10 year is a belter. Just shows if you get it right there is money there to be made. But you are right about John St,

Back