D’Acqua

*IMPORTANT CUSTOMER ANNOUNCEMENT*

We would like to announce this news personally before any gossip/rumour mills start happening.

This will come of a great shock to most of you, but we are offering our business which has been trading over 11 years to be up for sale.

This has been a really hard decision to make but we feel we need to at least 'test the water' to see if we can.
We have been talking about our future plans for a while and we feel now is the right time to put those in motion.
The business is doing great and the restaurant will be put to the market as a 'going concern'.
We aren't in a hurry to sell and by no means are we failing or anything like that. We just feel the time is right to start planning for our future.
We will continue to put 110% into what we offer at d'acqua.
Ourselves and the team will never want to change that. The staff whom have been informed of this decision can be rest assured their jobs are secure.
We want to hopefully find suitable new owners to take over and keep d'acqua being the success it is.
Myself and Hannah will be eternally grateful to all of you for your custom. We hope this decision will not put you off supporting the business as you always have.
We will still be here offering what we always have until such time of change.
You will all be updated with any further information.
If anyone would like any further information regarding the sale please get in touch with our agent.
https://www.christie.com/pr…/restaurants/a2j4g000009tllbuak/
Thank you so much for everyone's time. We will keep everyone upto date.
Jimmy & Hannah Shadforth xx
*please note we do not wish to answer any further questions at this stage.

Total shame, seem a great couple. I know they’d dropped a couple of days over the past couple of years, hope everything is ok with them.

I'd say so. One of the more popular restaurants in the town. Why wouldn't it be? I'm not sure why most people who eat in the town would be oblivious to its existence.
It's more hidden gem than a focal point of the Sunderland dining scene (if there were such a thing) though isn't it. It'd be a shame if it went the journey no doubt - but nowt lasts forever.
Maybes it's for the Elite. :lol:
I've been, it's lovely. I forget it exists.

I'd say so. One of the more popular restaurants in the town. Why wouldn't it be? I'm not sure why most people who eat in the town would be oblivious to its existence.

This forum has quite a restaurant following and doing a search there is one thread with D'aqua in the title and that is from 2013.

It's more hidden gem than a focal point of the Sunderland dining scene (if there were such a thing) though isn't it. It'd be a shame if it went the journey no doubt - but nowt lasts forever.
I would say it was really popular. Scores highly on tripadvisor and what have you. Generally busy whenever I've been in.

I wonder what Sunderland Foodies are saying about it. I bet they're not arsed, just waiting for their chinese to be delivered in a pizza box

So you've been to it, like it, agree it does well but think it won't be a miss to the town?
Things come and go all the time. It's hidden away in some backstreet. Nobody would notice if it was shut tomorrow. I'm sure it has it's regulars but life goes on.

I noticed Frankie & Benny's is stood empty now - is that a big miss?
Is anything really a miss, might have a pop down now I know about it.
I quite fancy trying the scallops and carrot cake some fucker had a twist about on trip advisor.

Things come and go all the time. It's hidden away in some backstreet. Nobody would notice if it was shut tomorrow. I'm sure it has it's regulars but life goes on.

Absolutely baffled here like. :lol: It's not hidden away in some backstreet. We've already established it's very popular so obviously it will be missed and to compare it to an over priced American chain that hardlys anyone went to (hence it not being missed) as your example is daft. Other than that, aye.

I mean life does go on and I'm sure we'll all cope but it'll be a miss to the town's restaurant options. Simple as that really.

If Aphrodite closed would you say well the Office's Club shut down and we didn't miss that?

I quite fancy trying the scallops and carrot cake some fucker had a twist about on trip advisor.

Is the buffet place shut as well? Never been in it but it was closed when I went past last week around 5 or so.

Back