Cynicism about Donald et al?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d argue being 5th in league 1 with the shortest squad in our history is not the club being better. But of course there are mitigating circumstances for that, the future matters more than the present. So I ask you, how far do you see the club getting under this ownership? What do you feel we can achieve ?
what do you mean shortes? do you literally mean lacking in height?

I think the failed on the football side last year...they have said as much. Buon the financial side..which is what their backgrounds are./..they have done a tremendous job..and in terms of structural improvemnts things such as the business club will pay off in the years to come...

promotion or bust this year..no excuses..

what do you mean shortes? do you literally mean lacking in height?

I think the failed on the football side last year...they have said as much. Buon the financial side..which is what their backgrounds are./..they have done a tremendous job..and in terms of structural improvemnts things such as the business club will pay off in the years to come...

promotion or bust this year..no excuses..

Sorry that was a typo meant shittest*

It’s the financial side I worry about. Given recent history I accept many fans see it as a dichotomy of going bust/ surviving. But let’s be realistic here, they don’t have the money to push us on and until they sell to somebody that does we are stuck merely existing. It is the balanced books fetish that got us here. You don’t get out of it by banging the same drum. Having short wipe the debt and transferring the parachute payments to him isn’t being good financially. It’s like a son getting his dad to pay off the credit card when he is in to deep with interest payments.

Last edited:

It’s the financial side I worry about. Given recent history I accept many fans see it as a dichotomy of going bust/ surviving. But let’s be realistic here, they don’t have the money to push us on and until they sell to somebody that does we are stuck merely existing.
what money? burnley are two divisions highe than us..and dot have rich owners..what they have is a consortium...of people ecah of whom is not really richer than SD..
Sheff Utd just got ptomoted with an owner mccabe who is probably richer than SD but not much..and not richer than Juan..the saudi billioanire pribec they got on board is brassick..according to mccabe..

run a club well and big moeny isnt needed...SD has said he has £20m left to invest...run the thing properly and that could go very far..but more money will be needed..somehign SD has said many times..

It’s the financial side I worry about. Given recent history I accept many fans see it as a dichotomy of going bust/ surviving. But let’s be realistic here, they don’t have the money to push us on and until they sell to somebody that does we are stuck merely existing. It is the balanced books fetish that got us here. You don’t get out of it by banging the same drum. Having short wipe the debt and transferring the parachute payments to him isn’t being good financially. It’s like a son getting his dad to pay off the credit card when he is in to deep with interest payments.
the only owner richer than SD in league one is probably the prtsmouth guy-and he wont put any cash in..

what money? burnley are two divisions highe than us..and dot have rich owners..what they have is a consortium...of people ecah of whom is not really richer than SD..
Sheff Utd just got ptomoted with an owner mccabe who is probably richer than SD but not much..and not richer than Juan..the saudi billioanire pribec they got on board is brassick..according to mccabe..

run a club well and big moeny isnt needed...SD has said he has £20m left to invest...run the thing properly and that could go very far..but more money will be needed..somehign SD has said many times..

the only owner richer than SD in league one is probably the prtsmouth guy-and he wont put any cash in..

Burnley have money mate. I’d suggest taking a look, they have spent considerably more than we ever did in the Prem when the game s were getting nosebleeds over Danny Graham’s 4m.

And quite frankly Sheff Utd are f***ing wank and will be in the same division as us next year, Theyve achieved exactly the same as McCarthy did with us. Also I really am not going to use league one clubs as a yard stick for my ambition for safc.

The fact is, this is a game where Tyrone Mings costs 25m. You cannot get sustained success spending nout, it’s not possible. Let’s check back in 10 years time and see what happened, because the club are following your model for now. You spend your way up the league or you float about achieving nout and wank over winning the second or third division every 4 years at best.

Spending doesn’t guarantee success, but not spending does guarantee failure.

Last edited:
Burnley have money mate. I’d suggest taking a look, they have spent considerably more than we ever did in the Prem when the game s were getting nosebleeds over Danny Graham’s 4m.

And quite frankly Sheff Utd are f***ing wank and will be in the same division as us next year, Theyve achieved exactly the same as McCarthy did with us. Also I really am not going to use league one clubs as a yard stick for my ambition for safc.

The fact is, this is a game where Tyrone Mings costs 25m. You cannot get sustained success spending nout, it’s not possible. Let’s check back in 10 years time and see what happened, because the club are following your model for now. You spend your way up the league or you float about achieving nout and wank over winning the second or third division every 4 years at best.
eh? burnley spend now because they spend the TV meny-the owners dotn put cash in...we had the eighth highest wage bill in the prem..they made over £50m in profit in the last two financial years..
SAFC didnt really make a profit in the premier league..and we were owned by a billioanire..Bunrley are proly run and safc havent been for a decade..they are very good at selling players and using the money to buy other, good players..

Clarets Record £36.6m Profit

yes he did..and the fact they havent done the thing with he debt proves Sd didnt want o di it..

what has changed is the club is being better by owners who care..they could have taken a lot of cahs out now and have chosen not to..
When did Short say that ?

Last edited:
eh? burnley spend now because they spend the TV meny-the owners dotn put cash in...we had the eighth highest wage bill in the prem..they made over £50m in profit in the last two financial years..
SAFC didnt really make a profit in the premier league..and we were owned by a billioanire..Bunrley are proly run and safc havent been for a decade..they are very good at selling players and using the money to buy other, good players..

Yeah they still spend. And they spend more than we did. They just have people in charge that know how to generate income. The blokes we have in charge have shown absolutely zero ability to do that, the opposite in fact, shrink income shrink outgoings austerity. The last time we had anybody with even a remote idea of generating income and seeking to grow the club was Millibands invest in Africa deal.

Again I’ll say it, we aren’t going to generate enough money to achieve anything starting from the base we are at and behaving in the way we are. Where do you suggest the income is going to come from in league 1? Or the championship? Or gate receipts are 10m a year max and the tv money is nominal at best.

Plus let’s be honest Burnley are just a dull little club making up the numbers in the prem to give the clubs with ambition somebody to beat. Not exactly inspirational.

what a surprise you're defending the "owners" I wonder why

In the post you highlighted Im defending the owners of Burnley yes..and no need to wonder why..they have done a remarkable job..
The SAFC owners have not done a remarkable job..they failed on the football side and have done an above average job on the finance side..but overall not remarkable at all..very many other club owenrs have done better over the past year...though people on here obsess about moeny not competence and then wonder why SAFC fail..

my post says Safc have been badly run for a decade and you think thats defending the onwrds! are you on skag?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back