Cyber attack on BA -> IT glitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

cleaner looking for a spare plug caused it. yeah right .

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/02/ba-chaos-blamed-worker-switched-power/

A maintenance worker may have accidentally switched off the power supply at the centre of the British Airway's IT failure which caused chaos for 75,000 passengers, it has been claimed.

The investigation into the fiasco is likely to focus on human error rather than any equipment failure, according to The Times, after an internal investigation found that the power supply was working correctly.

A BA source told the newspaper that it was rumoured that a contractor doing maintenance inadvertently switched the supply off. This has not been confirmed

cleaner looking for a spare plug caused it. yeah right .

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/02/ba-chaos-blamed-worker-switched-power/

A maintenance worker may have accidentally switched off the power supply at the centre of the British Airway's IT failure which caused chaos for 75,000 passengers, it has been claimed.

The investigation into the fiasco is likely to focus on human error rather than any equipment failure, according to The Times, after an internal investigation found that the power supply was working correctly.

A BA source told the newspaper that it was rumoured that a contractor doing maintenance inadvertently switched the supply off. This has not been confirmed

ive experienced it.

When I worked for a very big bank someone his the emergency power off butto by the door instead of the button that releases the lock on the door.

it was a large comms room and all the racks died.

I thought it was a power surge, not a power cut?

Very confused :confused:

ive experienced it.

When I worked for a very big bank someone his the emergency power off butto by the door instead of the button that releases the lock on the door.

it was a large comms room and all the racks died.

yeah i suppose every great system has a kink init somewhere ,

Looks like the engineering company who maint the data centre didn't follow protocol when switching the power supplies during regular maintenance

Would have thought 2 people would be involved in such a procedure to avoid a single point of failure......

Power loss for 15 mins causes £150m (and counting) of charges..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back