Cyber attack on BA -> IT glitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

if its a hacker do they have to pay compo, if its there fault I take it they pay.
  • If your flight departed the European Union or was with a European airline, you might have rights under EU law to claim if the delay or cancellation was within the airline's control
  • Short-haul flights: 250 euros for delays of more than three hours
  • Medium-haul flights: 400 euros for delays of more than three hours
  • Long-haul flights: 300 euros for delays of between three and four hours; and 600 euros for delays of more than four hours
  • If your flight's delayed for two or more hours the airline must offer food and drink, access to phone calls and emails, and accommodation if you're delayed overnight - including transfers between the airport and the hotel
They'll be trying like fuck to blame it on someone else.

I am sure they will have saved a few million by outsourcing their IT to the cheapest bidder. Pity it will now be costing them more than a few million.
For the most part I'd agree however they had a mass host of useless staff.

Normally the outages are caused by a third party, that the redundant ba staff wouldn't have prevented either but obviously it's not reported

I am sure they will have saved a few million by outsourcing their IT to the cheapest bidder. Pity it will now be costing them more than a few million.
I'm glad you'll have spent some of your millions on top notch IT for this place...there'd be hell on if this went down for a day.

As ever, it’s the lack of information that’s really making passengers angry.

There have been suggestions that an overnight database upgrade caused this computer crash but it’s not been confirmed.

We’re still awaiting an explanation.

The GMB union says the problem could have been avoided if BA hadn’t made hundreds of IT staff redundant and outsourced their jobs to India at the end of last year.

Yes, the union has a big axe to grind, but still, people will want to know if BA made its IT systems more vulnerable by scaling back computer support to save money.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-40069977

For the most part I'd agree however they had a mass host of useless staff.

Normally the outages are caused by a third party, that the redundant ba staff wouldn't have prevented either but obviously it's not reported

How can you say this ?

Just in the process of outsourcing it to some outfit in Bangalore. Only costing me 35o Rupees a day from next week ;)
:lol:Champion, what's Indian for fuck off and give me my avatar rights back?;)

Just had a mail from some friends whose cat I'm feeding from today while they're supposed to be in California. They've managed to get into a hotel nearby and are hoping they can get rebooked on another flight tomorrow otherwise my cat feeding will be cut short.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back