Cyber attack on BA -> IT glitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Everything in BA is being outsourced mate. It's not just IT . The company is a laughing stock .
Most companies in the U.K. Do it. It's all about cheap labour now

BA have been having problems with there IT systems for the past month, if they had kept it in house it could have been sorted

Just had a mail from some friends whose cat I'm feeding from today while they're supposed to be in California. They've managed to get into a hotel nearby and are hoping they can get rebooked on another flight tomorrow otherwise my cat feeding will be cut short.
What are you feeding it to?

Outsourcing IT to India to save a few bucks has now cost BA a small fortune, Idiots

Yeah I work at BA and more and more IT work is being packaged up and sent to India.

The laughable thing is that it costs BA around £1 million each minute that ba.com and their other systems are down. With that in mind, you would think it would it be made so resilient it was near impossible to fail (mirrored setups, physically disparate datacentes etc) but I guess the Indians don't really care that much.

The bit I don't get is that a transport company had to cancel a few journeys from two London based transport interchanges somehow becomes a national headline?

Oh I forgot, London is a national worry for us all. Southern based journalist f***ing

The bit I don't get is that a transport company had to cancel a few journeys from two London based transport interchanges somehow becomes a national headline?

Oh I forgot, London is a national worry for us all. Southern based journalist f***ing

It's a global company and its far from a few journeys

Yeah I work at BA and more and more IT work is being packaged up and sent to India.

The laughable thing is that it costs BA around £1 million each minute that ba.com and their other systems are down. With that in mind, you would think it would it be made so resilient it was near impossible to fail (mirrored setups, physically disparate datacentes etc) but I guess the Indians don't really care that much.

It won't cost anywhere near a million a minute..

That's 60 million an hour or 1.4 billion for a 24 hour period.

There will be an initial high cost for first few minutes then it will go down.

Not to say it's not costing a packet but nowhere near those sums

Rough guess they will take a 40 -50 million hit on end of year figures

Only hearing on the news about cancelations in London, so assuming just a local issue, as flights must be going from all other airports they serve as they are not being mentioned

Well I'm flying to Miami tomorrow with BA from Heathrow so no doubt the plane will be rammed full. BA are 'allowing' people to rechedule bookings for today and tomorrow free of charge for dates in the next two weeks so they can avoid paying compo for bumping people on those flights, if they want me off the flight then they can pay for the pleasure. Knew I should have gone Air France, atleast you can have a tab in CDG.

It's a global company and its far from a few journeys

It won't cost anywhere near a million a minute..

That's 60 million an hour or 1.4 billion for a 24 hour period.

There will be an initial high cost for first few minutes then it will go down.

Not to say it's not costing a packet but nowhere near those sums

Rough guess they will take a 40 -50 million hit on end of year figures
Maybe that figure is including flight bookings mate. I should imagine they are losing a hell of a lot though people not being able to books flights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back