Cutting the Grass

Not aubrieta. Not sure of the name but think I know what that is.
Keeps the flowers for a very long time 👍
Yeah they are there for months
The plants grow like buggery so I cut them back August time and the whole plant regrew with new flowers

I did a weeks locum in Swindon in the early 90s and had one of the strangest experiences of my life in the hospital social club there :lol::lol:

Yeah they are there for months
The plants grow like buggery so I cut them back August time and the whole plant regrew with new flowers

I did a weeks locum in Swindon in the early 90s and had one of the strangest experiences of my life in the hospital social club there :lol::lol:

It’s not called the Wild West for nothing Mate.
It’s a unique place for sure. Few weeks back my Mate sat on a sofa in the middle of a shopping centre. Just outside a deserted shop Saturday Morning.
Some characters for sure.

Robot been on the front for a few days now as it was really long. Strimmed the borders last night. So green. So happy with it and cant see any sign of weeds especially that horrid stuff ive had for the last 5 year. SBK is great stuff

Robot been on the front for a few days now as it was really long. Strimmed the borders last night. So green. So happy with it and cant see any sign of weeds especially that horrid stuff ive had for the last 5 year. SBK is great stuff
I need to fix mine, I think the entire boundary is fucked. Need to do more tests though.
Council out for the first cut of the grass this year, the smell is unreal
Ours came last week, grass was really long in places.

Looks like we have 2-3 days of very cold weather coming, so wouldn't do too much until next weekend at the earliest folks.

Mind, my kentuky blue grass seed trays germinated in a week and are coming on great. Can't wait to get them into the boreholes.

Last edited:
I need to fix mine, I think the entire boundary is fucked. Need to do more tests though.
Whats in it like mate?
Only thing i need to do with mine is either seed a couple of spots of overspray where its died or just need it grow back and treat if anything comes up in it. Will scarify it in about 2 weeks i reckon

Whats in it like mate?
Only thing i need to do with mine is either seed a couple of spots of overspray where its died or just need it grow back and treat if anything comes up in it. Will scarify it in about 2 weeks i reckon
Got at least one break in the wire, but more than likely, the entire thing needs ripping up and replacing. Hopefully the robot mower will come back to life then.
I'll wait for warmer weather to scarify. Especially if I'm going to use some of this KBG, which needs 15C !!!

Got at least one break in the wire, but more than likely, the entire thing needs ripping up and replacing. Hopefully the robot mower will come back to life then.
I'll wait for warmer weather to scarify. Especially if I'm going to use some of this KBG, which needs 15C !!!

I have mine with connectors every now and then that i can patch into with a wire back to the box so i can tell where there is a break in the wire. Means i only have to replace 5-6 metres at most. Wire ends up quite deep down like doesnt it

I have mine with connectors every now and then that i can patch into with a wire back to the box so i can tell where there is a break in the wire. Means i only have to replace 5-6 metres at most. Wire ends up quite deep down like doesnt it
Yeah, suprising that it was a full inch down after only 8 months.

Just managed to get out to do the tests they asked me to do for the warranty process. No joy, its not a wiring issue. Looks like its going back for repair or I raise a claim against Amazon for crap quality goods for a partial refund.

Scarified yesterday and removed 6 bin liners full of thatch. Its looking very forlorn but it will come back no bother. Tomorrow when the grass stands up a little bit I'll go over it with the mower on a high cut, just to tidy it up and pick up the thatch that hasnt been raked up.

Its forecast to piss down so I'll dress it with 'Westland Safe Lawn' (organic fertilizer that incorporates grass seed). I only have 90 m2 but I use a 14kg bag that should treat a lot more. I usually add a further 2kg of Premier Grass Seed to the hopper with the fertilizer.

I wait until it actually starts to rain before I use the spreader and put a bin liner over the hopper so the rain doesnt make contents claggy. I've been out spreading in some canny rainfall but it takes away the need to water it in if it doesnt rain.

Anyone dealt with grass being butchered by dog piss? Ive got that lush green patchy thing going on.
Piss will fertilise, hence the lush grass. But too much nitrogen will also burn, hence the dead yellow circle in the middle.

Few options.

1 - have great grass with deep roots in good soil so that the grass plants don't get overloaded with piss
Assuming barely anyone has this situation, next:
2 - Train the dog to piss in the same spot each time, then at least its only one small space
Assuming your dog isn't Mr Perfect, the Perfect Pooch (canny little Father Ted joke, no?)
3 - Follow the dog with a water can and chuck ~5L of water over it each time

Piss will fertilise, hence the lush grass. But too much nitrogen will also burn, hence the dead yellow circle in the middle.

Few options.

1 - have great grass with deep roots in good soil so that the grass plants don't get overloaded with piss
Assuming barely anyone has this situation, next:
2 - Train the dog to piss in the same spot each time, then at least its only one small space
Assuming your dog isn't Mr Perfect, the Perfect Pooch (canny little Father Ted joke, no?)
3 - Follow the dog with a water can and chuck ~5L of water over it each time

1) definitely not an option
3) cant be arsed with that🤣

May have to attempt 2). He tends to mainly piss close to the door just off the patio but sometimes other places. You can get then little posts you put somewhere but not sure he'll stick to it

1) definitely not an option
3) cant be arsed with that🤣

May have to attempt 2). He tends to mainly piss close to the door just off the patio but sometimes other places. You can get then little posts you put somewhere but not sure he'll stick to it
Seem to think Robbie did a video about this, can't say I remember it but here it is anyway :)

Back