Cutting the grass

Going to be another few weeks for me. It is squelching underfoot but looking long. It is that dilemma every year, cut it too early and it will look shit, leave it too long and it becomes really hard work.

Going to be another few weeks for me. It is squelching underfoot but looking long. It is that dilemma every year, cut it too early and it will look shit, leave it too long and it becomes really hard work.

Its squelching? We aint had that much rain. Any issues with drainage?

Reckon its worth getting someone to do the first cut at least.

Bloke on Facebook does it for £20 front and back with his petrol mower and strimmer.

Then i try and keep on top of it, which never happens so he'll be back next month.
Link? Might pay someone. Back is massive. Usually enjoy it but 1st cut is horrible

Doubt we will get a substantial frost now. Temps have been consistently over 12 for a bit now giving a good period of growth
Its been a great winter weather wise.....alnwick was covered in snow a couple weeks ago mind.
Think we could be through the worst tho..u r right

Last edited by a moderator:
Heavy clay soil, and I live down in Kent where we did have a lot of rain a week or so ago. A lot of the local area and especially the big field where I walk the dog.

Ive been finding lumps of that clay when digging roots out. Thought they were stones but they were solid lumps of clay

Back