Cutting the grass

Reckon its worth getting someone to do the first cut at least.

Bloke on Facebook does it for £20 front and back with his petrol mower and strimmer.

Then i try and keep on top of it, which never happens so he'll be back next month.

Mine was freshly laid turf in November and dont think it has proper bedded in yet as obviously not been growing season since laid. |Also seem too wet at the minute. I'll leave it a couple of weels I reckon.

Reckon its worth getting someone to do the first cut at least.

Bloke on Facebook does it for £20 front and back with his petrol mower and strimmer.

Then i try and keep on top of it, which never happens so he'll be back next month.
I wish I had, first cut yesterday was hard work.

Need to level the boarders out that I've stripped of horrible trees and shrubs. Just going to grass seed it all for the next few year - the bairns will be better off with just grass for a bit I think.

Pain in the arse levelling it all out though, plus digging right down into the roots of the trees to get the chainsaw in to cut them low down. I'm knackered at the moment.

Will run the scarifier over the lawn too, and overseed the existing lawn with the new grass seed so that hopefully, I wont be able to see the "new" bit of grass in contrast to the exiting stuff.

I'm not allowed to do ours anymore after cutting through the cable one time... it's her baby now... hate gardening.
Snap....my hubby cut through the cable on a brand new mower! Cable is bright orange, cannot fathom how he didn't see it. I think men do it on purpose so us women say 'just leave it! I'll do it.....

Cut the front and back the other day, only cos we put our house up for sale and the estate agent was coming to do a video of the house. I wont be botehring with a lot of the usual scarifying and overseeding this year if we are moving.

I hate Borders. Unless i have a stone defined line etc, they always go messy and not straight. Mulch is an open invitation for cat defecation

I'm hoping to get mine done tomorrow maybe get the borders in order too. I need to build a raised bed for some veg but that can wait. I think I'll pay someone to do the fencing though as I've got the whole garden to do.

Snap....my hubby cut through the cable on a brand new mower! Cable is bright orange, cannot fathom how he didn't see it. I think men do it on purpose so us women say 'just leave it! I'll do it.....

No no not something I'd do on purpose just to get out of mowing the grass *cough * ahem...
The bright orange cable camouflages very well with the green grass...

You cut through her baby? Jesus is it okay?
Fine...we got half each

Crack on or hold nerve til April , Haway SMB Percy Throwers , what’s it to be
"officially" too early..(frost ect and potential; damage caused).Depends how bothered you are about the look later.If you are going to do it listen Butchers Coat Advice....too early for weed feed in my humble as weeds not established...would give that another few weeks at least(tempting as it all is!)

Back