Cummings - one rule for us...

Status
Not open for further replies.

My behaviour? :lol:

lack of self awareness his hillarious

Yes, it is laughable. You've basically switched the object of your schoolgirl lovesickness from when you were Johnson over to a political object rather than a footballing one.

So where a parent becomes ill with symptoms then all children become 'vulnerable' do they?

And the rule was (as is) if you have symptoms you stay at home. That overrides the above.
Her brother and his family live in London, so if it really was a problem they could have intervened for the kid. Unless of course they have already pissed off back up north to her parents gaff in Northumberland.

They'll probably be aware that they have similar skeletons in their own closet, this sort of attitude won't be confined to one side of the house.

Or more likely keeping powder dry in case more evidence is forthcoming whilst in the interim Cummings hangs himself. He's already as much as called Durham Constabulary liars, I'm sure they've kept records of visiting the Cummings home and will be looking forward to the chance to respond to his comments.

Or more likely keeping powder dry in case more evidence is forthcoming whilst in the interim Cummings hangs himself. He's already as much as called Durham Constabulary liars, I'm sure they've kept records of visiting the Cummings home and will be looking forward to the chance to respond to his comments.

Of course. This could be his undoing.

Her brother and his family live in London, so if it really was a problem they could have intervened for the kid. Unless of course they have already pissed off back up north to her parents gaff in Northumberland.
This! Did they really not have an option of childcare/support given the position he's in plus the costs of a possible solution wouldn't have been an issue either.

Given he was back to work in such a short time then I find it hard to believe he was as bad as his lass describes in her embellishing article for the Spectator.

Writing about her husband’s condition, Wakefield said: “Dom couldn’t get out of bed. Day in, day out for 10 days he lay doggo with a high fever and spasms.” Cummings himself wrote: “At the end of March and for the first two weeks of April I was ill, so we were both shut in together.”

Last edited by a moderator:
the defence by the Government and the rewriting of the rules is even worse than what Cummings did

this is f***ing shameful

how can people defend and vote for these ***** man
This is awful and is making me very angry. If he accepted he broke the rules, it would be shit but that would be it. He would resign and it would be done with

But as I posted earlier, my partner’s grandfather has been dying during this and passed away 5 days ago (and nobody got to see him in hospital while ill etc). We would have loved to have gone down and stayed with her family during this, so she was with her mother and close family around his death. But we didn’t - we stayed at our house.

We thought this was the right thing to do - at absolutely no point did anyone say “stay at home, but if it’s a slightly difficult situation you can use “common sense” to legally break lockdown” or we would have.

I flat out find what Jenny Harries and Grant Shapps we’re saying today insulting. Because the suggestion is that actually, all along, while we were suffering and the family were suffering we could have broken the rules (and law) if “common sense” said so.

So one is left feeling like they’re rewriting the rules of what was said at the time to accommodate Cummings breaking the rules.

Suffice to say the first thing we’ll be doing tomorrow is driving 180 miles to get family and staying over for a week or so, because clearly we can actually apply “common sense” to do this. I am less convinced, however, that if I were to be stopped by the police they would deem this to be a valid reason, but apparently so.

There must Be hundreds of thousands, if not millions of people who have had to make awful decisions during this, and for many this must feel like a kick in the teeth.

Oof back

You should stay at home as much as possible.
The reasons you may leave home include:
  • For work, where you cannot work at home
  • Going to shops that are permitted to be open - to get things like food and medicine
  • To exercise or spend time outdoors
  • Any medical need, including to donate blood, avoid illness or injury, escape risk of harm, or to provide care or help to a vulnerable person
Yes, but not if you are the vulnerable person!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back