Cummings - one rule for us...

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is awful and is making me very angry. If he accepted he broke the rules, it would be shit but that would be it. He would resign and it would be done with

But as I posted earlier, my partner’s grandfather has been dying during this and passed away 5 days ago (and nobody got to see him in hospital while ill etc). We would have loved to have gone down and stayed with her family during this, so she was with her mother and close family around his death. But we didn’t - we stayed at our house.

We thought this was the right thing to do - at absolutely no point did anyone say “stay at home, but if it’s a slightly difficult situation you can use “common sense” to legally break lockdown” or we would have.

I flat out find what Jenny Harries and Grant Shapps we’re saying today insulting. Because the suggestion is that actually, all along, while we were suffering and the family were suffering we could have broken the rules (and law) if “common sense” said so.

So one is left feeling like they’re rewriting the rules of what was said at the time to accommodate Cummings breaking the rules.

Suffice to say the first thing we’ll be doing tomorrow is driving 180 miles to get family and staying over for a week or so, because clearly we can actually apply “common sense” to do this. I am less convinced, however, that if I were to be stopped by the police they would deem this to be a valid reason, but apparently so.

There must Be hundreds of thousands, if not millions of people who have had to make awful decisions during this, and for many this must feel like a kick in the teeth.

Sorry for your loss, fuck Cummings and fuck everyone defending him

This is awful and is making me very angry. If he accepted he broke the rules, it would be shit but that would be it. He would resign and it would be done with

But as I posted earlier, my partner’s grandfather has been dying during this and passed away 5 days ago (and nobody got to see him in hospital while ill etc). We would have loved to have gone down and stayed with her family during this, so she was with her mother and close family around his death. But we didn’t - we stayed at our house.

We thought this was the right thing to do - at absolutely no point did anyone say “stay at home, but if it’s a slightly difficult situation you can use “common sense” to legally break lockdown” or we would have.

I flat out find what Jenny Harries and Grant Shapps we’re saying today insulting. Because the suggestion is that actually, all along, while we were suffering and the family were suffering we could have broken the rules (and law) if “common sense” said so.

So one is left feeling like they’re rewriting the rules of what was said at the time to accommodate Cummings breaking the rules.

Suffice to say the first thing we’ll be doing tomorrow is driving 180 miles to get family and staying over for a week or so, because clearly we can actually apply “common sense” to do this. I am less convinced, however, that if I were to be stopped by the police they would deem this to be a valid reason, but apparently so.

There must Be hundreds of thousands, if not millions of people who have had to make awful decisions during this, and for many this must feel like a kick in the teeth.

Great post, well not great but accurate in summing up exactly the situation

Sorry for your family's loss mate, this is no doubt a situation that has been replicated all over the country by thousands of families.

As you say, trying to do your bit in this pandemic by staying in, despite every urge wanting you to do the human thing and be with family.

Its f***ing scandalous, really is, just completely rewriting the rules.

What part of common sense is not attending a relatives funeral? we were told not to. Can we now?

Police are in difficult position now like, as you say people will quote this new supposed rule, what are they meant to do? I feel for them.

I am fuming with this one, the tweets this morning by the cabinet, just scum, utter scum.

I really hope this will hurt this government but I fear it won't

Yes, but not if you are the vulnerable person!
Exactly, nothing to stop her brothers family supporting them. Fuck me he is a spad to the PM, I am sure Johnson would have pulled some strings to see them through, unlike some others who must have been in similar situations of a couple, both ill, with a child to worry about.

If he had any decency he would resign. If Johnson was decent he would sack him.

Exciting new legal precedent that you can now break the law as long as you're doing it for your kids

I say exciting, I mean terrifying obviously. Because dozens of Government officials have literally just announced that. What the fuck.

I think he's untouchable. Even photos of him, the wife and child enjoying refreshments at a busy service station on that drive to Durham wouldnt change things, they'd justify it somehow.

100% this, the story is out, any more add ons are irrelevant

they've just change the laws of a nationwide pandemic where 60,000 people have died, to defend 1 person

If he was caught sneezing in someones face at Scotch Corner, they'd defend him

The new sound bite "safeguarding"

Grant Shapps or Michael Green or whatever he's called was literally making it up as he went along today, I'm sure he even said after quoting the legislation "I just added those words on at the end there"
100% this, the story is out, any more add ons are irrelevant

they've just change the laws of a nationwide pandemic where 60,000 people have died, to defend 1 person

If he was caught sneezing in someones face at Scotch Corner, they'd defend him

A few old people die, tough. Remind me who said that again..

I think he's untouchable. Even photos of him, the wife and child enjoying refreshments at a busy service station on that drive to Durham wouldnt change things, they'd justify it somehow.
He could start spitting on reporters and still get away with it. f***ing crazy, the bloke is an utter bellend. Plastic Churchill spouting his support. Criminal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back