Cruzcampo...

Cruzcampo in Spain is dirt cheap mass produced lager marra. Just because something is foreign doesn’t make it good :lol:
It was the beer of choice on the last all-inclusive holiday I did.... 4/10.

(Unless it tastes different here / or they were actually serving dish-watta in majorca)

Why do they insist on reducing the ABV of the British versions of these beers? Is it to keep the price down or because the UK can't be trusted to behave on high strength beer?

Having become aware of the conning of the UK public with these brands I try to avoid them at all costs - stick to local craft beers as much as possible

Why do they insist on reducing the ABV of the British versions of these beers? Is it to keep the price down or because the UK can't be trusted to behave on high strength beer?

Having become aware of the conning of the UK public with these brands I try to avoid them at all costs - stick to local craft beers as much as possible

Bit of both I think. Keeps costs a bit lower but Spanish people don’t tend to go out and target putting 10 pints away, so the market here for lower strength stuff is much larger.

Wish they'd do the 1906.
Greene King sell it online.
Stella overall (by a distance) apparently but I think Carling is the biggest selling in pubs.
Diageo were reporting that Guinness is now the highest revenue in the UK too (though not volume which is Carling). Surprised that Stella is biggest overall, to me it feels like it's declining in popularity but I guess it's starting from a position of dominance.

Back