Cruzcampo...

I'd say Camden Hells is pretty mainstream/mass produced nowadays tbf. Can get it in the main supermarkets alongside all the usual suspects.

:lol: Give over man Dave.
What? I don’t like fizzy beer and I don’t like cold beer. You can go out and get 8 different pints of ale in 8 different pubs and they will all taste completely different: pales, IPA, porter, dark You go out and get 8 different pints of lager and they all taste like lager.
This is someone who still drinks Vimto with his tea :rolleyes:
What do you have like?

Fair enough. Like I say, I'm not sure when 'craft beer' stops being 'craft'. I can get Sierra Nevada Pale Ale in Sainsbury's, and they're one of the oldest craft brewers in the world (lovely drop anarl - probably in me top 3, easily top 5).

If I see Pale on in a pub I'll often get it. Hells - I'll get summit else. Often you find places with one has the other anyway.

I'd take San Miguel, Cruzcampo and Moretti over Hells. Madri - not so sure.

So pre-2010, I can't think of any native lager that's been any good. Which is why we have the continentals. Carling is the closest thing to a home brew, and it's crap.

Ace? Scorpion? LCL?
Pint of Frisk always went down well back in the day.

Just read that a relatively new place in Hartlepool called No 9 (in Scarborough Street) is taking the Cruzcampo out now its brewed in UK and putting Estrella Galicia in on draughts . I will go on a fact finding mission this weekend and report back

Just read that a relatively new place in Hartlepool called No 9 (in Scarborough Street) is taking the Cruzcampo out now its brewed in UK and putting Estrella Galicia in on draughts . I will go on a fact finding mission this weekend and report back

Can't go wrong with Estrella Galicia. Best one there is over here

Didnt see it mate . Looks at nice . Have been next door to The Owl and cant say I was massively impressed
I've been in The Owl and the bar across the road, and enjoyed then both.
A canny mix of age groups were in both pubs, (I was in on an early Saturday evening after I got off the train from the match)
A decent laid back atmosphere in both pubs.
I'll have another look in, maybe next weekend.

Utter watered down, mass marketed muck the UK version is. About as continental as a Yorkshire Pudding.

Super Bock (by the bottle) is what you want.

Back