Crowd for sat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Booze has a lot to answer for as well. There will be a canny chunk of people who won't put anything before a couple of drinks. They probably won't admit it, but the match will be getting in the way of drinking time.

At the Doncaster match the other week the little'un needed the toilet about 10 minutes into the second half. I couldn't believe how many people were down there drinking pints and acting casual as if they were in a pub. They seemed to have no intention on going back to their seat.

Takes 20 mins to get a pint at half time even if you leave your seat early so I'm not surprised there was still people there drinking them tbh.

That 2.50 isn't the extra charge it's for one of the areas of the ground where it's more expensive.

Ah fair enough. Point still stands re booking fees. It's not a big deal like. Just a personal annoyance.

Last edited:
There’s the simple economics argument as to why the crowd is lower than expected.

For season ticket renewers there has been a payment this month. Most will be around £65.
Add that to the cost of a ticket tomorrow.
Add that to a potential visit to Wembley.

Some people have got to make sacrifices somewhere. A lot of folk don’t have access to an extra £100 - £200 (more of you’re planning on doing the weekend) disposable income that hasn’t been planned for.

For some, the additional cost of the Portsmouth game will have been sacrificed in the hope we get a Wembley return.

Takes 20 mins to get a pint at half time even if you leave your seat early so I'm not surprised there was still people there drinking them tbh.
I never bother. Mainly because I have the kids with me and secondly I couldn't be arsed with the hassle. Everyone who was stood drinking didn't seem to be in hurry to get back to their seat though. It was honestly like we'd gone into a pub to use the toilets.

7.30 kick off and loads of people come from far and wide, transport,/ hotels etc on Sky.Think we will still get a decent crowd.

I never bother. Mainly because I have the kids with me and secondly I couldn't be arsed with the hassle. Everyone who was stood drinking didn't seem to be in hurry to get back to their seat though. It was honestly like we'd gone into a pub to use the toilets.

I don't anymore since attendances went up tbh. Not worth the hassle. Should be fine tomorrow though by the look of it.

It was like this at Wembley, some were sauntering back to their seats with 65 minutes on the clock after going down on about 35 minutes. I only know because I was sat by the stairwell and kept getting my view blocked by these people.

It’s embarrassing, folk on here and twitter saying how great we are, best fans in the land, one more big game whether we’ve been crap or not lately and people suddenly want to give up? Deserve all the stick that will come our way

I haven't bought a ticket yet, and still in two minds whether to go.

My reservations about the manager started at the Luton home game. There were quite a few threads on here after that game saying the same. However, everyone who questioned Ross was met with abuse, as if we were being disloyal to Stewart and co - which is ridiculous. Many of the comments were bang on, and have been proven since. But all debate was silenced by a self righteous minority. Those same people are now all over here and social media, telling everyone who hasn't bought a ticket that they are a shit fan.

I recognise that after years of hiring and firing manager after manager, we have to give someone a chance to build. The only downside to this, is that it leaves us vulnerable to sticking with an under-performing manager, and i would give a resounding 2/10 for the way Jack Ross has us limping into the play-offs, devoid of all momentum.

After over 40 years and 1000 games as a Sunderland fan, i'm comfortable with anybody thinking i'm a shit fan if i decide not to go - especially if you were one of the ones who tried to stifle any debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back