Cricket this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another easy win for LCC seconds

I’m guessing a good number of the LCC second team realistically should be playing 1sts but either don’t have the bollocks or are being stopped by lads in the firsts whom won’t step aside as they want to be ‘elitest’ And in a ‘1st team’
At least from the results I’ve seen that would ring true with at least 3 players.
But another easy win is good I supppse.....

I’m guessing a good number of the LCC second team realistically should be playing 1sts but either don’t have the bollocks or are being stopped by lads in the firsts whom won’t step aside as they want to be ‘elitest’ And in a ‘1st team’
At least from the results I’ve seen that would ring true with at least 3 players.
To be fair it's what comes from having a strong club. LCC have a number of very good 1st XI players so it's only natural that the 2nds reap the benefits of that and have players who would naturally get in other 1st XI's. Obviously some are on a fair bit of money but from the outside looking in they seem to be able to afford it without affecting the long term health of the club unlike other teams.

Yes, we don't always go with our strongest team it's the same with many clubs I would guess number of reasons lads not wanting to be bit part players they want a good bat or bowl plus availability to play on a Sunday. Situation could well change next season tho

In fairness we do have a potentially strong seconds considering we had key lads on holiday or injured as well yesterday

Yes, we don't always go with our strongest team it's the same with many clubs I would guess number of reasons lads not wanting to be bit part players they want a good bat or bowl plus availability to play on a Sunday. Situation could well change next season tho

In fairness we do have a potentially strong seconds considering we had key lads on holiday or injured as well yesterday

I believe almost all 2nd XI players have stepped up at one time or another this season acquitting themselves well for the 1s. In addition, several 1s have dropped down at times. We are currently lucky that we have a large pool of senior cricketers (enough for 4 weekend teams) with juniors beginning to permeate through.
Like any club, that could change quickly for any number of reasons but selection is carefully thought through to reflect the needs of lads giving up their saturdays, not simply to be bit part players each week
I don’t study any other clubs 2nd team results closely enough to give an opinion on the intentions or motives of other 2nd team players in the region but I’m glad someone is keeping track of ours

To be fair it's what comes from having a strong club. LCC have a number of very good 1st XI players so it's only natural that the 2nds reap the benefits of that and have players who would naturally get in other 1st XI's. Obviously some are on a fair bit of money but from the outside looking in they seem to be able to afford it without affecting the long term health of the club unlike other teams.

Good post although you got the some and fair bit of money wrong bit wrong

Fuck off mate you know nowt. Ive played more than my share of 1s games this season so dont come on here spouting this “dont have the bollocks shite.

Except that number 11 who ruined my lads figures ;)
Tucked into the buffet bowling ;)

Fuck off mate you know nowt. Ive played more than my share of 1s games this season so dont come on here spouting this “dont have the bollocks shite.

Tucked into the buffet bowling ;)

As you say several of the lads have played first team it's been a reasonable successful rotation keeping lads happy and involved one reason we never have bother getting teams out

Number of regular 2nd teamers away on holiday unfortunately otherwise I'd like to think the outcome would have been a lot different. Thankfully our 1sts put up more of a fight before the rain unfortunately arrived.
Decent lads in the hunwick 2s yesterday. Game played in the right way with no dummies being spat out.

Good luck for rest of season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back