Cricket this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard the same about the umpire walking off then a replacement was found to do square leg at both ends with the officially appointed umpire doing the bowlers end for the remainder of the game, this however is only possible with the agreement of both teams and from what I hear Burnmoor weren’t consulted and have therefore requested a replay as this is against the rules.

Local cricket at its worst right there. A replay for that is embarrassing

If they were that upset why didn't Burnmoor just walk off the field before another ball was bowled.

Would love to know why the umpire walked off. Was it an injury/illness, abused etc

If they were that upset why didn't Burnmoor just walk off the field before another ball was bowled.

Would love to know why the umpire walked off. Was it an injury/illness, abused etc

Yeah I'm more worried about why an umpire would walk off. Obviously hope its nothing serious outside of cricket, but if it is cricket related teams need a look at themselves. I'm sick of seeing some of the stick umpires get. I play NEPL 2s and am just grateful to have 2 umpires now and again, and when you talk to them they tell you numbers are dwindling because they are getting sick of the stick. It's the same across all leagues. I saw someone on the DCL Facebook this morning saying its the umpires job to make decisions, not the batters to walk. FFS man you are playing league cricket at an average level. Have a bit of dignity and walk off when you nick it, or at least dont be so stupid as to advertise to anyone reading that you dont walk.

One of the appointed Umpires was unwell and had to leave the field.
Rather than get someone to do square leg at both ends, the Chester-Le-Street Chairman, allegedly, phoned a qualified umpire to come to the ground.
Without consulting Burnmoor, this umpire arrived and played a "full part" in the umpiring.

Rather than get someone to do square leg at both ends, the Chester-Le-Street Chairman, allegedly, phoned a qualified umpire to come to the ground.
Without consulting Burnmoor, this umpire arrived and played a "full part" in the umpiring.
And Burnmoor are requesting a replay on these grounds?

They need to give their heads a shake.

Lol

I watched a 1st team cup match many years ago where the umpire at one end played for the home teams 3rd XI whilst the umps at the other end was the home team pros landlord.

There were no problems because nobody acted like dickheads

Sure @The Voice Of Reason will recall it

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that and I hope the Umpire is ok

If it's true, it doesn't make Burnmoor look good looking for rule technicalities to get a replay. No matter who stood at square leg surely they would have agreed just to get the game finished. It wasn't even a close game looking at it.

Hope the umpire is alreet. Don't see the problem with getting another umpire in? Are we missing something or is it.......

The gripe, if there was one, was that the replacement umpire took up a full role, he did not just stand at square leg.
Talking to a reliable source, Burnmoor have NOT asked for a replay or even made a complaint.
They were unhappy at the alleged actions of the Chester-Le-Street chairman, when the game was played at Burnmoor.

They were unhappy at the alleged actions of the Chester-Le-Street chairman, when the game was played at Burnmoor.

Indeed, I can fully understand their gripe - who the fuck does the CLS chairman think he is? Above the law clearly.

The umpire who came onto the field was actually an NEPL umpire who was sat watching the game, and was asked to take to the field. He didn't have any kit due to just watching the game, the league chairman didn't phone him to come down.

Rainton take on Belmont home and away today. Still on atm.

All NEDCL matches rained off except Belmont vs East Rainton.

Last edited:
The umpire who came onto the field was actually an NEPL umpire who was sat watching the game, and was asked to take to the field. He didn't have any kit due to just watching the game, the league chairman didn't phone him to come down.

He is also the chairman of the NEPL so I don't see what the problem is anyway. It's good that he took a full role surely.

Hylton v Dawdon 2nds.

Dawdon conceded.

Can’t quite believe Dawdon conceded. Not sure if holidays etc have affected them.

Number of regular 2nd teamers away on holiday unfortunately otherwise I'd like to think the outcome would have been a lot different. Thankfully our 1sts put up more of a fight before the rain unfortunately arrived.

Same for us mate

Lovely set of lads mind

Except that number 11 who ruined my lads figures ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back