Credit card with benefits

I run a business and a good customer missing one £5 payment deadline despite having a 6k limit and an impeccable payment record isnt even worth talking about .Nothing about rights ,I'm at a level where brains and common sense keeps the phone ringing and people in jobs
They probably pay people like me to talk to staff about customer service
Doesn't work like that though does it. The only person you are harming by not paying the fiver is you and your credit rating.

PS we don't live in a world of brains and common sense,it's a world of tick,tick,tick,cross.

Doesn't work like that though does it. The only person you are harming by not paying the fiver is you and your credit rating.
Can't undo the fact I missed one payment and I really don't give a toss about credit ratings, my payment history is exemplary
We're using words like harming ,the point is its a non event made into one

It is and I have and was rated outstanding but there you go. No poddle along you sad little WUM, Im bored with you now x

It is if they want rid of you ;)
I get about 2k a year in currency through their sidekicks and spend in the store for mutual benefits (asda)

Any suggestions folks ?,dont need good rates or nowt ,always flatten the balance every month

Had my card people ring me today as i missed my payment for the first time ever ,as i say always flatten it every month
the min payment was £5 (£111 bill) ,he asked if i'd pay today i said no, i'll pay the same time i always do so he blocked my card.So i'm a risk for a fiver with a £6500 cr limit on my card ,Knackers

Aqua do 0.5% cashback on a mastercard, plus £20 in Amazon vouchers if you go via uswitch. Think I may apply for this myself!

Compare Top Cashback Credit Cards Deals | uSwitch

Aye but a missed payment is turning in to something else once it's been there for a certain amount time. It should be a non event,but as I say,that's not the world we live in.

If it's 5 or 50,000,it's still a red x for missed payment.

Which is best for Nectar points then? The Amex reward card or Sainsbury's own credit card?

Sainsburys own is only decent for shopping at sainsbuys for nectar points. Better off getting a 0.5% reward card.

However it is interest free for a canny while, so is good for stoozing

Aye but a missed payment is turning in to something else once it's been there for a certain amount time. It should be a non event,but as I say,that's not the world we live in.

If it's 5 or 50,000,it's still a red x for missed payment.
You sound like the bloke on the phone
No big deal it's done ,jobsworth mentality ,I won't be missed but likewise they can do one
A customer didn't pay me for 4 month while he went through a divorce ,great business just needed a temporary arrangement
Paid me back tenfold in business .That's the world outside massive Corporate business models
Like I said they'll spend a fortune on training to understand customers ,bless em

You sound like the bloke on the phone
No big deal it's done ,jobsworth mentality ,I won't be missed but likewise they can do one
A customer didn't pay me for 4 month while he went through a divorce ,great business just needed a temporary arrangement
Paid me back tenfold in business .That's the world outside massive Corporate business models
Like I said they'll spend a fortune on training to understand customers ,bless em
Aye,it's stupid but it's been like that for a long time now. It's all computers and people with very specific jobs who don't know or care about the greater business.

Like my dad always says,taking real people away from situations like that has had such a detrimental effect on society.

'Your point'doesnt stand at all.
The CC company may not like it, but ive has my cashback card for about 15 years now & never paid a penny in interest. They've never tried to get shot of me, as they still make money from my purchases.

As you taught many things, i stand by my original point that you are clueless & is worrying that you taught our kids.

Credit cards will most likely lose money if they are paying cashback on a card someone pays off every month.

They only earn about 0.3% on each transaction. (Amex earn more which is why they have better rewards)

Aqua do 0.5% cashback on a mastercard, plus £20 in Amazon vouchers if you go via uswitch. Think I may apply for this myself!

Compare Top Cashback Credit Cards Deals | uSwitch

I use the RBS Reward credit card (presume Natwest have the one).

1% in supermarkets & 0.5% cashback on everything else (including fuel at supermarkets). Also do temporary deals at certain retailers or on contactless everywhere - did 10% cashback on contactless in December and 10% back in bars/restaurants about 3 years ago. Superb!

Just checked how much I've earned on that card, over £500 quid on credit card cashback and around £200 on direct debit cashback.

Can't fault it for £2 a month like.

Last edited:
Credit cards will most likely lose money if they are paying cashback on a card someone pays off every month.

They only earn about 0.3% on each transaction. (Amex earn more which is why they have better rewards)

I use the RBS Reward credit card (presume Natwest have the one).

1% in supermarkets & 0.5% cashback on everything else (including fuel at supermarkets). Also do temporary deals at certain retailers or on contactless everywhere - did 10% cashback on contactless in December and 10% back in bars/restaurants about 3 years ago. Superb!

Just checked how much I've earned on that card, over £500 quid on credit card cashback and around £200 on direct debit cashback.

Can't fault it for £2 a month like.

A quick google suggests 0 3% is debit cards. Credit cards are typically 0.7% - 1%

Back