Credit card with benefits

The BA card is good, but the 20k spend for a 2-4-1 voucher is a little excessive imo - although it’s pretty easy to spend that as long as you are disciplined. The 5000 points introduction isn’t great, but sadly Amex has slashed the points across the board

The premium card is only £10,000 for the companion and you get 25000 points if you spend £3000 in your first 3 months. Might just go for it and do as you have with the Mastercard as back up.

We have a 123 card. We put most of our spending on it and usually max out the £9 a month max cash back. It’s not as good as it used to be, but we looked at other cash back cards and it was better than them if we maxed the cash back limits every month.

Isnt that one £3 a month for 0.5% cashback? Im sure theres others with same cashback but without a fee.

Isnt that one £3 a month for 0.5% cashback? Im sure theres others with same cashback but without a fee.
The cash back is more than 0.5% I think, hence the name, 1%,2%,3% on different things but it’s capped at £9 a month.

Edit the fee is £3 a month so maximum cash back is £72 a year. That’s equivalent to a £14k spend on a 0.5% cash back card with no fee, so you can work out which one is better in your own circumstances.

Edit again: actually, I would probably benefit moving to one in that case! :eek::eek::lol:

Last edited:
The cash back is more than 0.5% I think, hence the name, 1%,2%,3% on different things but it’s capped at £9 a month.

Edit the fee is £3 a month so maximum cash back is £72 a year.

Aye so it is. Was looking at the everyday one. For some reason the 123 card isnt listed with their credit cards.

3% for TfL, so canny as you live in London

Last edited:

Edit the fee is £3 a month so maximum cash back is £72 a year. That’s equivalent to a £14k spend on a 0.5% cash back card with no fee, so you can work out which one is better in your own circumstances.

Edit again: actually, I would probably benefit moving to one in that case! :eek::eek::lol:

I was the same, didnt realise how shit it had became.
Very few places refuse amex now too.

Anyone got any recommendations on a reward credit card, currently looking at
British Airways American Express Premium Plus card

WS also looking at an alternative virgin card.

Get the Virgin Atlantic MasterCard. Download Revolut. Transfer the entire balance from the MasterCard to the Revolut account, then from Revolut to your bank, then pay off the MasterCard. Then apply for a credit limit increase. Do this several times over the course of a month or so and you’ll have 100k+ Virgin Atlantic airmiles for nowt. Doesn’t work with AMEX because Revolut don’t accept it.

Get the Virgin Atlantic MasterCard. Download Revolut. Transfer the entire balance from the MasterCard to the Revolut account, then from Revolut to your bank, then pay off the MasterCard. Then apply for a credit limit increase. Do this several times over the course of a month or so and you’ll have 100k+ Virgin Atlantic airmiles for nowt. Doesn’t work with AMEX because Revolut don’t accept it.
Never heard of revolut but like the sound of this!

Sounds like they might ban you from the scheme for it too?

What is revolut?

Back