Credit card with benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ive got barclaycard paying 0.5% on purchases.

Also have sainsburys card which is 0% for 31 months, then stooze with nationwide at 5% also gives double nectar points & bumber points in 1st couple of months for sainsburys shopping over £20

And you're teaching our kids :lol:

What hope have they got? :lol:

Im not, Im retired.

They aint making any money off you if you are not paying their interest now are they?

:lol: clueless

Of course they are. They take a slice off every purchase you make.

And you taught our kids? Worrying :eek:

Do people who teach need to know everything about every subject? So the relevance of this to say teaching languages is?

It still stands that the OP is the CC companies worst nightmare, they dont want you to pay the balance off each month, the big money is in their mental levels of interest. Yes they will be charging a tiny amount on the £111 the OP spent last month (probs about 1.5%) but far better if they can charge 18%+ on his outstanding balance....Oh and the few sheckles Im sure they make of selling your data to 3rd party companies.

Last edited:
Had ba am3x one that gives avios but flight wise the free flights are more expensive than just getting a cheap flight as you have to pay taxes that are immense.

Switched to amex nectar one and just got a free trip to Paris on Eurostar with hotel after a year.

Had ba am3x one that gives avios but flight wise the free flights are more expensive than just getting a cheap flight as you have to pay taxes that are immense.

Switched to amex nectar one and just got a free trip to Paris on Eurostar with hotel after a year.
That's the thing with Avios,hard to spend.

I used to have the AMEX Nectar card,that was canny.

Its about general common sense, and very basic knowledge about life.

Were you a foreign language teacher then?

I taught many things and the point stands, the CC companies hate you paying the balance as there is no big fat interest fee to pay which is where the vast majority of their money is made as you well know.

I taught many things and the point stands, the CC companies hate you paying the balance as there is no big fat interest fee to pay which is where the vast majority of their money is made as you well know.

'Your point'doesnt stand at all.
The CC company may not like it, but ive has my cashback card for about 15 years now & never paid a penny in interest. They've never tried to get shot of me, as they still make money from my purchases.

As you taught many things, i stand by my original point that you are clueless & is worrying that you taught our kids.

If you pay off the balance every month then they will be looking for any excuse to bin you off mate, literally nowt in it for them.
The other thing about this statement (aside from as people have said,it being wrong) is you are assuming these companies are well organsied enough and smart enough to identify these customers and what? Have special customer service staff for campaigns like this?

In the real world,do you know how much that would cost? You'd have to bring project guys in to design and implement the system to identify these custoners,technology to create them,staff to do this job (or at least training of the call centre people to identify these flags and know how to do things right to finess these customers out).

The bottom line is the OP missed his bill then refused to pay it when they brought his missed payment up to him. I don't know why he thinks "I'll pay it when I always do" is an appropriate response,but there you go. They are well within their rights to do whatever they feel is necessary for a customer who refused to pay an account that basically in arrears

'Your point'doesnt stand at all.
The CC company may not like it, but ive has my cashback card for about 15 years now & never paid a penny in interest. They've never tried to get shot of me, as they still make money from my purchases.

As you taught many things, i stand by my original point that you are clueless & is worrying that you taught our kids.

So OFSTED ranked my outstanding for most of my career, my kids all did superbly during their exams but its worrying cause I said that CC companies would like to bin people off for paying off their balance monthly?

Seriously mate, you have some screwed up priorities if this terrible crime makes you question a teachers ability to do be a good teacher. Personally Im more concerned that they can teach my kids what they are supposed to be teaching them and help them do well in their exams, how naive of me :rolleyes::lol:

So OFSTED ranked my outstanding for most of my career, my kids all did superbly during their exams but its worrying cause I said that CC companies would like to bin people off for paying off their balance monthly?

Seriously mate, you have some screwed up priorities if this terrible crime makes you question a teachers ability to do be a good teacher. Personally Im more concerned that they can teach my kids what they are supposed to be teaching them and help them do well in their exams, how naive of me :rolleyes::lol:

Teachers are meant to be "clued up"
You clearly arent.

That's what I said to them and it's right

Exactly
We don't
Loads don't

Here's another one that shouldnt be allowed to teach @Le Chuck, in fact, Im surprised the intricacies of the credit card industry isnt put into the entry testing for teaching, stupidly they only wanted to know whether you knew about the subjects you were teaching. (

PS Jazzmanb, you are right, you are their worst nightmare and Im sure they would bin you off if they could, your account probably costs more for them to administer than they make from you ;)

Teachers are meant to be "clued up"
You clearly arent.

Are they? What on? Why dont we have to take tests in being "clued up"........Is there a particular number of things we have to be "clued up" on? Particular industries maybe or maybe we should be clued up on all things in all industries even when they have literally no relevance to what we teach?

Im not clued up on how to split the atom or on how to solve the Arab/israeli crisis, maybe I should be referred to the teaching disciplinary bodies and be barred from the job?

Last edited:
Here's another one that shouldnt be allowed to teach @Le Chuck, in fact, Im surprised the intricacies of the credit card industry isnt put into the entry testing for teaching, stupidly they only wanted to know whether you knew about the subjects you were teaching. (

PS Jazzmanb, you are right, you are their worst nightmare and Im sure they would bin you off if they could, your account probably costs more for them to administer than they make from you ;)

Its why i'm of the opinion that personal finance should be taught in schools.
(Obviously not by you though as you'd be hopeless)

The other thing about this statement (aside from as people have said,it being wrong) is you are assuming these companies are well organsied enough and smart enough to identify these customers and what? Have special customer service staff for campaigns like this?

In the real world,do you know how much that would cost? You'd have to bring project guys in to design and implement the system to identify these custoners,technology to create them,staff to do this job (or at least training of the call centre people to identify these flags and know how to do things right to finess these customers out).

The bottom line is the OP missed his bill then refused to pay it when they brought his missed payment up to him. I don't know why he thinks "I'll pay it when I always do" is an appropriate response,but there you go. They are well within their rights to do whatever they feel is necessary for a customer who refused to pay an account that basically in arrears
I run a business and a good customer missing one £5 payment deadline despite having a 6k limit and an impeccable payment record isnt even worth talking about .Nothing about rights ,I'm at a level where brains and common sense keeps the phone ringing and people in jobs
They probably pay people like me to talk to staff about customer service

Its why i'm of the opinion that personal finance should be taught in schools.
(Obviously not by you though as you'd be hopeless)

It is and I have and was rated outstanding but there you go. No poddle along you sad little WUM, Im bored with you now x

I run a business and a good customer missing one £5 payment deadline despite having a 6k limit and an impeccable payment record isnt even worth talking about .Nothing about rights ,I'm at a level where brains and common sense keeps the phone ringing and people in jobs
They probably pay people like me to talk to staff about customer service

It is if they want rid of you ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back