Craft Beer

Possibly the only brewery I actively avoid to their beer being so f***ing shite previously.
Can’t recall one I’ve ever had I’d bother with again. Involving football with any local business is just a bit daft tbh. Doesn’t stop me buying stuff, but to the more fervent fans, they won’t touch Brands that have lined up alongside local teams. Vaux despite the long Sunderland connections with the name have steered this tricky path well. Appear quite regularly in Newcastle craft places

Wrong one. Clwb is a decent quite fruity pale, lunar Haze, iirc, is pretty bland.

Tiny Rebel are strange, their core beers are decent, their one offs largely shit.

Beaverton are mainly crap. Neck Oil is an OK crisp pale that is a go to if on draught and theres nowt else I fancy.

Aye, you were right. Nice fruit taste but ultimately quite bland. Not awful but wouldnt buy again.

Was it on here somebody mentioned BrewDog we’re pushing their own session stout after the announcement Guinness is the most served in pubs?

Logon or register to see this image

It doesn't have its own factory tour. The adverts aren’t black and white. It wasn’t brewed in 1759. But what if it’s better?

Introducing Black Heart, a 4.1% draft stout brewed in and for the 21st Century. Chocolate and extra dark crystal malts give waves of coffee, cocoa and subtle caramel. It’s smooth, it’s creamy, it’s all head and it’s all heart.

You might think you know what stout tastes like, but we’d urge you to give this one a try. Because the best stout you’ve ever had might just be the one you haven’t even tasted yet.

Now pouring in your local BrewDog bar.

Was it on here somebody mentioned BrewDog we’re pushing their own session stout after the announcement Guinness is the most served in pubs?

It doesn't have its own factory tour. The adverts aren’t black and white. It wasn’t brewed in 1759. But what if it’s better?

Introducing Black Heart, a 4.1% draft stout brewed in and for the 21st Century. Chocolate and extra dark crystal malts give waves of coffee, cocoa and subtle caramel. It’s smooth, it’s creamy, it’s all head and it’s all heart.

You might think you know what stout tastes like, but we’d urge you to give this one a try. Because the best stout you’ve ever had might just be the one you haven’t even tasted yet.

Pint of Guinness please

Nah, no thanks. :lol:

If its only on sale in Brewdog bars for now it'll be more than Guinness.

I'm intrigued to try it, but not sure when it'll be. My expectations are low so not in a hurry.
Jet Black Heart has been knocking about for years. It’ll be a rebrand of that.

If I’m in BrewDog I’m not drinking daft imitation Guinness like. There’s always 3/4 alternatives including guest beers

I’d guess they’d put it roughly the same price, maybe slightly more to appeal to a younger (brand conscious) crowd?
Reckon BrewDog are already less appealing than Guinness to the younger crowd. James Watt is toxic. At least Guinness/Diagio are just a faceless mega brand.

It'll probably be okay, Guinness is a pretty dull nitro stout, and I say this as someone who drinks a lot of it. As they grow their bar offering they'll want to cater to the masses, having an alternative is a no brainer. Jet Black Heart was half decent from memory?

Suspect they'll have jumped in here after seeing the appetite for Anspach and Hobday's London Black (in London obvs) too, which is flying out at the moment and indies are getting it in as their Guinness alternative.

Last edited:
Reckon BrewDog are already less appealing than Guinness to the younger crowd. James Watt is toxic. At least Guinness/Diagio are just a faceless mega brand.

It'll probably be okay, Guinness is a pretty dull nitro stout, and I say this as someone who drinks a lot of it. As they grow their bar offering they'll want to cater to the masses, having an alternative is a no brainer. Jet Black Heart was half decent from memory?

Suspect they'll have jumped in here after seeing the appetite for Anspach and Hobday's London Black (in London obvs) too, which is flying out at the moment and indies are getting it in as their Guinness alternative.

Blues have just got the A&H in.

Off to Oxford at the weekend, any suggestions for places to drink?
Have you tried it yet? It's a good beer. They've definitely refined the recipe lately as it's less sweet than when it first came out, which suits me.

Had a few at Dulwich Hamlet before Christmas. Thought it was excellent.

Last edited:

Not sure I could lump myself in with the younger crowd anymore(!) but I haven’t spent a penny on Brewdog since all the stories about him came out. There are so many better options available now, which obviously helps.

Back