Craft Beer

Was it on here somebody mentioned BrewDog we’re pushing their own session stout after the announcement Guinness is the most served in pubs?

Logon or register to see this image

It doesn't have its own factory tour. The adverts aren’t black and white. It wasn’t brewed in 1759. But what if it’s better?

Introducing Black Heart, a 4.1% draft stout brewed in and for the 21st Century. Chocolate and extra dark crystal malts give waves of coffee, cocoa and subtle caramel. It’s smooth, it’s creamy, it’s all head and it’s all heart.

You might think you know what stout tastes like, but we’d urge you to give this one a try. Because the best stout you’ve ever had might just be the one you haven’t even tasted yet.

Now pouring in your local BrewDog bar.

Blues had it in.

Off to Oxford at the weekend, any suggestions for places to drink?

Oxford's a bit crap for craft beer unfortunately

There is/was a tiny place in the covered market.

St Aldates Tavern have a few choices.

My go to is The White Rabbit, which has Siren Soundwave on tap. Always a bloody good pint.

Other than that... Cowley Road: Brewdog & The Chester Arms
Isis, Dun Cow, Ivy House

Cheers.

Anything available along the seafront?

My go to is The White Rabbit, which has Siren Soundwave on tap. Always a bloody good pint.

Cheers.

S43 in the Roker, cask selection in the Harbour View. Or Blues at Whitburn but getting a bit further away with that.

Having a dodge to Belfast later in the year. Looks like a few good craft places have popped up in recent years.

S43 in the Roker, cask selection in the Harbour View. Or Blues at Whitburn but getting a bit further away with that.

Vaux taproom. Torque bar on Sea Rd.

Edit. Just seen he was asking for Seafront.

Last edited:

Cheers.

The coffee place (Fausto?) on the sea front used to have Vaux kegs in, not sure if they still do.

BrewDog? They had the other one mentioned in I think.

They wouldn't get BD in.
All a bit weird with s43. They’ve sold brewing kit off but insists they’re still alive on socials. Kegs not available anywhere only cans

Was on keg in the Roker when I was in just after Christmas. Only two offerings mind.
The coffee place (Fausto?) on the sea front used to have Vaux kegs in, not sure if they still do.

Still do. Had hazy citra and alter ego last week.
They had the other one mentioned in I think.

Pouring tomorrow. Will pop in for a couple to see what it's about.

Last edited:
Very surprised to see a couple of pubs I’ve been in have just the standard run of beers on tap and no craft or guest beer at all (tap or bottled).

Back