Craft Beer

I've never been a fan of stouts but s43 sent this by accident so will give it a go. Best drank out of fridge?
Personally I'd leave it in on the side for half an hour to come down in temperature a bit before opening. Being overly cold will mask the depth of flavour.

Had a 750ml bottle of Beak's 'Cedric', last night, a barrel aged and blended saison. Absolutely fantastic beer, could've drank litres of the thing. If you enjoy a saison I couldn't recommend it any higher.

I've never been a fan of stouts but s43 sent this by accident so will give it a go. Best drank taken out of fridge bit before?
I always have mine in the fridge, but get them out & give them at least 20mins opened before drinking. I like them chilled, but don’t want to loose too much flavour.

There’ll be some stout aficionados out there who will disagree with me & say room temperature, but each to their own.
I've never been a fan of stouts but s43 sent this by accident so will give it a go. Best drank taken out of fridge bit before?
If you like it

Down the bottom of the first page for £3.95. Made my first order with them the other week & got them. I had a growler last night & i don’t know if it was shite beer, or the growler, pouring, packaging, transporting & wait to drink, but it was shite. Got a growler from Vaux & wasn’t as good as the cans.

Last edited:
I always have mine in the fridge, but get them out & give them at least 20mins opened before drinking. I like them chilled, but don’t want to loose too much flavour.

There’ll be some stout aficionados out there who will disagree with me & say room temperature, but each to their own.

If you like it

Down the bottom of the first page for £3.95. Made my first order with them the other week & got them. I had a growler last night & i don’t know if it was shite beer, or the growler, pouring, packaging, transporting & wait to drink, but it was shite. Got a growler from Vaux & wasn’t as good as the cans.
Growlers are really difficult to fill, if it isn’t done well the beer can start to turn within a few hours and is basically fucked by the next day. If it’s done properly they can last for absolutely ages.

just came to post this. It’s really solid stuff.
Looks class, I'm all over non-adjunct laden stouts. The price is a steal as well.

Picked up a couple of bottles of Fullers 2021 Vintage Ale today. 6 quid a bottle from Waitrose. 8.5% barleywine. Gunna try one over Christmas and leave the other to age.

I've been ageing a bottle of Orval for the last 18 months/2 years as well that I'll be cracking. I did say I'd keep it to drink when we got promoted but I'm not sure that day will ever come. :lol:

Vauxies heritage stout on sale now.

8.50 for a 750ml sharer is excellent value for money.
Reet, James, I’m not even going to lie. You’ve spoilt my Christmas. Got there & it’s not labelled or on the till, so they wouldn’t sell me one. Have to order online & they’ll let me know when it’s ready. My kids are crying now because if you.

On the upside, got a couple of Black Wave & a S43 Bigfoot that I’ve never had. BA Smoked Maple & Coffee Breakfast Stout at 11%. Got a waxed top & all sorts. I’m

Reet, James, I’m not even going to lie. You’ve spoilt my Christmas. Got there & it’s not labelled or on the till, so they wouldn’t sell me one. Have to order online & they’ll let me know when it’s ready. My kids are crying now because if you.

On the upside, got a couple of Black Wave & a S43 Bigfoot that I’ve never had. BA Smoked Maple & Coffee Breakfast Stout at 11%. Got a waxed top & all sorts. I’m
:lol: Ah, mate. You should've checked with our resident Vaux taproom dwelling Squirrel before you set out.

a couple of my choices tonight..I got a couple of amundsen cans as well

Logon or register to see this image

sadly Vaux had to recall Blowing cherries as apparently it was a bit lively in some of the cans

I think it tastes lush and am more than happy to keep drinking them!

Last edited:
:lol: Ah, mate. You should've checked with our resident Vaux taproom dwelling Squirrel before you set out.
😃 aye, Les said it had only been in the bottle for a couple of days so probably not prepared to sell it yet. Tell you what mind for a couple of days it was lovely. Few weeks and it will be lush
a couple of my choices tonight..I got a couple of amundsen cans as well

Logon or register to see this image

sadly Vaux had to recall Blowing cherries as apparently it was a bit lively in some of the cans

I think it tastes lush and am more than happy to keep drinking them!
Too right. Just open it over the sink. It’s lovely

I
Looks class, I'm all over non-adjunct laden stouts. The price is a steal as well.

Picked up a couple of bottles of Fullers 2021 Vintage Ale today. 6 quid a bottle from Waitrose. 8.5% barleywine. Gunna try one over Christmas and leave the other to age.

I've been ageing a bottle of Orval for the last 18 months/2 years as well that I'll be cracking. I did say I'd keep it to drink when we got promoted but I'm not sure that day will ever come. :lol:
Had an aged Orval at a bar in Antwerp once, was cracking.

Back