Craft Beer

What did you think?

I said a few months ago, not defat off what I want a straight forward stout to be. The fact its £2.50 is a bonus. Sure it was £3 in the first round.

You need to tell us what you bought man

Didn’t get onto the Big Trouble. Had an Anarchy impy instead cos it was 250ml & the episode of Money Heist was coming to an end
Mostly sessions/pales from Track, Cloudwater,
What did you think?

I said a few months ago, not defat off what I want a straight forward stout to be. The fact its £2.50 is a bonus. Sure it was £3 in the first round.

You need to tell us what you bought man

Didn’t get onto the Big Trouble. Had an Anarchy impy instead cos it was 250ml & the episode of Money Heist was coming to an end
Will be easier to get a photo tomorrow and upload it (if I can remember how!)

Mostly sessions/pales from Track, Cloudwater,

Will be easier to get a photo tomorrow and upload it (if I can remember how!)

Love Coudwater IPA's, pales etc, Track I've found overrated, so they're another big name, along with Brew York, I tend not to buy. Brew York stouts being the exception if the adjuncts work for me, they're good at those.

Bit awkward when I brewery toast your Untapped check ins when you haven’t been too complimentary. Overtone has done my Maple Nutter from yesterday. Only gave it 3.5 & ended it “wouldn’t rush to buy another”.

To balance it, Dusty Miller got 4.75 from me, but they didn’t toast that :lol:

Bit awkward when I brewery toast your Untapped check ins when you haven’t been too complimentary. Overtone has done my Maple Nutter from yesterday. Only gave it 3.5 & ended it “wouldn’t rush to buy another”.

To balance it, Dusty Miller got 4.75 from me, but they didn’t toast that :lol:

3.5 is a decent score, below 3 I wouldn't buy again, 3.5 is OK, 4 is good 4.5 is very good. Don't think I've used 4.75 or 5 yet 😂

I'm a tough audience

Same, looking back I'm harder to please these days, a 4.5 now is harder to get than when I first started using untappd
Yeah, I've had a few things recently that, on reflection, I would have scored higher if I'd had them a couple of years ago. I guess that's a side effect of using the app though as it's encouraged me to try as many different beers as possible.

3.5 is a decent score, below 3 I wouldn't buy again, 3.5 is OK, 4 is good 4.5 is very good. Don't think I've used 4.75 or 5 yet 😂

I'm a tough audience
Think I’m not far off that like. Think I’ve threw out a few more 4.5+ than you like. Gave the Brew York Espresso Patronum a 5 a year ago. Should try it again to see what it’s actually like. The BA is out, which I’d buy if I saw it, but I’d go & find the normal version again.

Yeah, I've had a few things recently that, on reflection, I would have scored higher if I'd had them a couple of years ago. I guess that's a side effect of using the app though as it's encouraged me to try as many different beers as possible.
My pet hate (and I think biggest fault) with Untappd is people giving shit ratings to beers from styles they don't like, or from less hyped styles.

1 star, hate sours. 3 stars, amazing beer, best lager I've ever had! :lol:

Completely skews the ratings.

Just a one off I think. I’ll be picking a couple up tomorrow.
Fuck, I’m going to have to buy a few. Me dad’s got nee interest in craft, he wants Guinness, smiths, stones, tetleys. If I give him a taste he pulls a face like I’ve shit in it. If I tell him on Chrimbo Day I’ve got a 1899 original Vaux stout recipe he’ll pile in.

My pet hate (and I think biggest fault) with Untappd is people giving shit ratings to beers from styles they don't like, or from less hyped styles.

Fuck, I’m going to have to buy a few. Me dad’s got nee interest in craft, he wants Guinness, smiths, stones, tetleys. If I give him a taste he pulls a face like I’ve shit in it. If I tell him on Chrimbo Day I’ve got a 1899 original Vaux stout recipe he’ll pile in.
I’m popping in tomorrow I’ll ask them if it’s going to be repeated. I really fancy a go of it on draft tbh.

I rarely experiment with styles I don't like, though I'm more into sours these days. Rarely try anything with adjuncts I don't like. "Banana stout - 0.5/5, I hate bananas" just seems pointless.
What’s the craic, is it limited edition or a long term brew. If it’s a short term I need to acquire a few fast
Think it's planned as a one off but who knows, if it's a huge success it could become an annual thing?

Back