Craft Beer

Had an aged Orval at a bar in Antwerp once, was cracking.
I've tried a range and I love 18 months. The Brett just does it's business and you get that huge funk but super dry finish. Fresh Orval is topper but has nothing on anything over 12 months imo. Depends how much you like that horse blanket funky farmhouse Brett vibes!

I booked the Toer De Gueuze yesterday. Doing a long weekend in Brussels for that and Cantillon and then away to Leuven for a night. Choss that. Can't wait for covid to fuck it owa.

Last edited:
I've tried a range and I love 18 months. The Brett just does it's business and you get that huge funk but super dry finish. Fresh Orval is topper but has nothing on anything over 12 months imo. Depends how much you like that horse blanket funky farmhouse Brett vibes!

I booked the Toer De Gueuze yesterday. Doing a long weekend in Brussels for that and Cantillon and then away to Leuven for a night. Choss that. Can't wait for covid to fuck it owa.
I really miss Brussels, possibly my favourite destination for a boozy weekend away.

Class after two days in the bottle. Next Christmas will be outstanding. I’ve got some Durham Brewery stouts about 3 years old for this xmas.
Have you kept them for 3 years or were they bottled three years ago?

Me lurker mate (Hi Michael, you f***ing prick :)) messaged me yesterday asking me to get him a bottle of the Vaux stout when he’s home from America. They could be great Chrimbo presents.The stout & a Vaux glass.

I really miss Brussels, possibly my favourite destination for a boozy weekend away.

Yes, Brussels is a much underrated city break - beer, chocolate and chips. What more could you waat?

Had couple of grim beers from the Briarbank brewery in Ipswich yesterday. Had never heard of them before and won't be going back.

Had a belter of a straight up no nonsense stout yesterday. False God's by Wild Card. 7.7%, no adjuncts. Gave me a disgusting hangover this morning.

Anyone watched Beer Masters on Amazon Prime? Hosted by Jaega Wise of Wild Card and rather bizarrely, James Blunt. It's pretty good.

Vauxies heritage stout on sale now.

8.50 for a 750ml sharer is excellent value for money.
Had my email to say it’s ready to pick up. Drove down tonight, shut. Google reckons aren’t open until Chrimbo Eve. Shame, as I was going to drink it tonight. It’ll have to wait two days. Going to get another 2/3 as well as I’ve had a few orders & don’t want my bottles to go to other people.

So, since Vaux wrecked tonight’s plan, I’ve got ready to go

Pomona Island - A Funky Space Reincarnation

Overtone - Maple Nutter

By The River x Wylam - Big Trouble Al’Owa

Debuts for them all.

Going to have a sort trough my session drinks for Chrimbo Day as well & create a plan of action. Just plugged the record player into the Marshall Amp & I can confirm Supersonic sounds belting turned up to 11

Got a couple at North Hylton Road earlier, might have one in a bit.
What did you think?

I said a few months ago, not defat off what I want a straight forward stout to be. The fact its £2.50 is a bonus. Sure it was £3 in the first round.
Borrowed the other half’s card to get some craft beers in for Christmas Day. Spent about £75 :lol: Good job she likes them too.
You need to tell us what you bought man
Had my email to say it’s ready to pick up. Drove down tonight, shut. Google reckons aren’t open until Chrimbo Eve. Shame, as I was going to drink it tonight. It’ll have to wait two days. Going to get another 2/3 as well as I’ve had a few orders & don’t want my bottles to go to other people.

So, since Vaux wrecked tonight’s plan, I’ve got ready to go

Pomona Island - A Funky Space Reincarnation

Overtone - Maple Nutter

By The River x Wylam - Big Trouble Al’Owa

Debuts for them all.

Going to have a sort trough my session drinks for Chrimbo Day as well & create a plan of action. Just plugged the record player into the Marshall Amp & I can confirm Supersonic sounds belting turned up to 11
Didn’t get onto the Big Trouble. Had an Anarchy impy instead cos it was 250ml & the episode of Money Heist was coming to an end

Last edited:
That year of Untappd is quite a nice feature. I do love stars like that though, the saddo I am.

502 check ins. 105 venues. 228 breweries. 107 styles.

Top 5 beers:

Best vs Five Points (bitter)
Babalu by St Mars of the Desert (Impy)
Wee Spiced Heavy by Beerblefish
Spirit of Nature: Raspberry by Three Hills Brewing (sour)
Pint by Marble

Top 5 breweries:

Brasserie Cantillon
Verdant Brewing Co
London Beer Factory
The Kernel Brewery
Siren Craft Brew

My untappd is very dull. I hit pretty much the same venues, and often forget what I've had, so my venue list is bollocks. I rarely take photos of beer when out either so mine is mainly at home. Having said that, 382 check ins, 58 styles, top brewery Full Circle @Ambivalent Squirrel , followed by S43, Vault City, Almasty and Cloudwater.

Top style IPA, stout then unbelievably sour, I'd have expected pale.

My top drinking buddy is @Longy as I think he might be the only person I've tagged. Once 😂

Back