Craft Beer

Was offered a free tour and tasting session by FCBC yesterday, with it being their 2nd birthday. Unfortunately couldn’t go, as was in Manchester with the bairn for a University open day. Turns out all my beer disposable income will soon be spent funding a north west based offspring. Ho hum. Enjoy beers while I can.

anyway, remember that spectacular Year of no light they did? There’s two barrel aged versions at the tap room that I’m going to sample this afternoon. They’ve also released a few of their big sellers over that last couple of years- so going to stock up.
Logon or register to see this image

Wow. @Longy the barrel aged stuff is remarkable

Last edited:
Pomona Island releasing about 15 Impy BA stouts at 2pm today, some of them sound incredible. They one of the best around for an Impy aswel.

Pomona Island releasing about 15 Impy BA stouts at 2pm today, some of them sound incredible. They one of the best around for an Impy aswel.
I've never associated Pomona with stouts, but they're very good at sours and pales. Might have to get involved. Mind you I've already got 6x 750ml sharers in the fridge and it's growing rather than going down!

I've never associated Pomona with stouts, but they're very good at sours and pales. Might have to get involved. Mind you I've already got 6x 750ml sharers in the fridge and it's growing rather than going down!
I couldn't resist, ended up buying all the barley wine and whisky ones.

Went to Tapps in Llandudno yesterday, cracking place if you’re ever in the area. Cans are ludicrously cheap, the guy charged us £8 for 2 Cloudwater cans and apologised that they were expensive! :lol: I made the most of their hospitality and can’t really remember the gig I went to see.

New stout in Tesco. Buxton x Omnipollo Original Forest Fruits Ice Cream Imperial Stout. 10% for a fiver.

Forest Fruits isn’t really my normal thing, but it’s Omnipollo & it’s a fiver, can’t not try it. Got a couple of Death Star II as well, cos it’s f***ing class.
Went to Tapps in Llandudno yesterday, cracking place if you’re ever in the area. Cans are ludicrously cheap, the guy charged us £8 for 2 Cloudwater cans and apologised that they were expensive! :lol: I made the most of their hospitality and can’t really remember the gig I went to see.
Who was on like?

New stout in Tesco. Buxton x Omnipollo Original Forest Fruits Ice Cream Imperial Stout. 10% for a fiver.

Forest Fruits isn’t really my normal thing, but it’s Omnipollo & it’s a fiver, can’t not try it. Got a couple of Death Star II as well, cos it’s f***ing class.

Who was on like?
Manics. It’s only a couple of hours from us and I’d fancied going to Llandudno for a while. Lovely place, not your typical seaside town.

Who was on like?
Not sure if it's new but Sainsbury’s have a Vocation honeycomb stout and a Brew York nougat and chocolate stout in at the minute. Far too sweet for my tastes so didn't bother picking them up.

Feeling a bit ropey today after overdoing it on lovely cask last night in the King's Arms by Waterloo. If any of you find yourself in London and want a cracking pint of cask then there's probably no place better. Pick of the bunch was a Victorian Mild by Redemption and the Kernel. So good.

I'm at a little beer festival tonight too, mostly cask but there's a few key kegs on as well.

Back