Craft Beer

I know a couple of people who do decent e-commerce sites if you want details to get it sorted / redone
My day job is software development so I should be able to sort it, the problem is our point of sale provider turned off the integration with our e-commerce provider without warning the fuckers. :lol: They’ve got a new integration now but setting it up without losing all the existing setup is going to be pretty time consuming.

Yes. (North/east) Any suggestions?

:lol: Which is your place? Always happy to support a MLFs business
Indiebeer is excellent. They're based on Holloway Road, deliver for free by cargo bike if you live close enough, otherwise they'll post nationwide.

All Good Beer at Hackney Downs is decent as well.

And of course Beer Merchants is solid for pretty much everything, and especially good for Belgian stuff. Website is shit though.

Had some collab by Vaux and someone else in the Peacock last weekend. Was very nice. Pink label. Can't remember what it was called but would recommend...

Had a look online and can't find it. Surely someone must know what it was?

Last edited:
Had some collab by Vaux and someone else in the Peacock last weekend. Was very nice. Pink label. Can't remember what it was called but would recommend...

Had a look online and can't find it. Surely someone must know what it was?
Something old, something new, something borrowed, something brewed is a Collab with a pink label.

Hadrian the other brewery. That?

Something old, something new, something borrowed, something brewed is a Collab with a pink label.

Hadrian the other brewery. That?

Yes mate, I've just found it on Untappd. Nothing amazing but it went down well before the Charlton match. Should have had a few more in hindsight, might have made the game more enjoyable.

Yes mate, I've just found it on Untappd. Nothing amazing but it went down well before the Charlton match. Should have had a few more in hindsight, might have made the game more enjoyable.
I was in vaux pre Mansfield and didn't have it on in their own tapmroom. Think it's currently the only beer by them I've not had, along with Roker roar.

I’m at Gosforth Civic Theatre on Friday night, next door to Regent Centre metro apparently. Any decent boozers right there? Doubt the lads will fancy a walk in the opposite direction for the sake of a pint or two, but if I can guide them to a decent one that sells decent beer that’s also convenient that’d be spiffing.
I’m at Gosforth Civic Theatre on Friday night, next door to Regent Centre metro apparently. Any decent boozers right there? Doubt the lads will fancy a walk in the opposite direction for the sake of a pint or two, but if I can guide them to a decent one that sells decent beer that’s also convenient that’d be spiffing.
Got a meeting in Gosforth, popped into Rehills

Black Sheep Hazlnut & Salted Caramel Imperial Stout
Full Circle Pillars of Creation
New Bristol Brewery Irish Coffee & Vanilla Ice Cream Affogato Stout
Left Handed Giant - Solitude
Moersleutel - Motor Oil Double Coffee
Evil Twin - Even More Jesus

My second Even More Jesus, the first was ducking great.

Last edited:
Just opened my Amazon delivery of Founders CBS. Imperial Stout Brewed with Chocolate & Coffee Aged in Maple Syrup - Bourbon Barrels, or so the labels says.

I’ve ballsed up slightly as I was going to have a couple before the Metro across Newcastle, got these delivered, opened one & its 11.3%.

Any NEIPAS I should look at? Fancying a bit of a hazy weekend
I’m the wrong person to ask mate. I drink stouts & porters 95% of the time. Brown ales 4% of the time.

The lads on here should be able to help you out, but it depends on what they’ve got in. There’s no online shop (yet) so unless someone’s been in this week it’ll be hard to say.

Was visiting Bakewell today and realised the Thornbridge Brewery is there! Had a couple of beers and a pizza in their nice (and absolutely huge) taproom.

It’s not an eye watering sour. Think more in the region of almost a cider. It’s really decent. Proper summer bbq beer. In November :lol:
I f***ing hate cider :lol:

Two drinks that’ll not go down, cider & whiskey. & I’ve done a whiskey tasting recently :lol:

Got in last night & had a can of Norse Star II, cos I’m a clever ****. On top of 10 pints. f***ing silly idea, I’m hurting now.

Two drinks that’ll not go down, cider & whiskey. & I’ve done a whiskey tasting recently :lol:

Got in last night & had a can of Norse Star II, cos I’m a clever ****. On top of 10 pints. f***ing silly idea, I’m hurting now.
Brew York Crimbo beer is a success. Nightmare of Brew York 2021, Peanut, Pecan, Maple & Vanilla Imperial Milk Stout. Excellent.

Last edited:

Brew York Crimbo beer is a success. Nightmare of Brew York 2021, Peanut, Pecan, Maple & Vanilla Imperial Milk Stout. Excellent.
Post from Vaux

📰 VAUX’S 1899 STOUT 📰

Brewing a special one today! An original Vaux’s Stout recipe from 1899 that we’ve been sitting on for a while waiting for the right time.

Brewed using heritage malts from @crispmaltings to get as close to the original recipe as possible (tricky for such an old beer!) this is one we can’t wait to try.

We’ll be bottling some of this in limited numbers so keep an eye out for it soon if you’re looking for a wee Christmas gift 😉

#vaux #sunderland #originalrecipe #stout #plumagearcher #chevalier #craftbeer #historicalbeers #historicalbeer

Making the pilgrimage to Sunderland for the match tomorrow. Any suggestions for craft beers before & after the game? Was wondering about Vaux & Isis

Back