Craft Beer

Heads up to anyone who's got the latest Vaux cherry sour, they're recalling them. I did think it was a bit lively when I had mine, presumably continues to ferment in the can. Shame but good to see they're doing the right thing, gutted for them mind, presumably cost them a few quid but much better than ignoring an issue they're aware of.

Heads up to anyone who's got the latest Vaux cherry sour, they're recalling them. I did think it was a bit lively when I had mine, presumably continues to ferment in the can. Shame but good to see they're doing the right thing, gutted for them mind, presumably cost them a few quid but much better than ignoring an issue they're aware of.
Aye expensive mistake. They've handled it well at least, held their hands up and recalled the product. Compare this to how Staggeringly Good handled their can bomb situation and it's like night and day.

Shame as well as I was looking forward to trying this one.

Aye expensive mistake. They've handled it well at least, held their hands up and recalled the product. Compare this to how Staggeringly Good handled their can bomb situation and it's like night and day.

Shame as well as I was looking forward to trying this one.

Didn't have that one but Vault City recalled their glitter one, so its not an uncommon thing.

Aye. I’m gutted for them like. It’s a lovely beer too, I’ve had a load. I only had one proper live one after the match on Saturday in the taproom. It had been in the fridge too, and
went off fairly sharpish.

they were obviously talking about it, but just selling it through the taproom might still be on. I guess the worry is it’s now been a few weeks since it was canned, so it’s now had time to ferment in the can - hence the recall.

hope it doesn’t put them off making it mind, cos it’s a lovely beer.

Aye. I’m gutted for them like. It’s a lovely beer too, I’ve had a load. I only had one proper live one after the match on Saturday in the taproom. It had been in the fridge too, and
went off fairly sharpish.

they were obviously talking about it, but just selling it through the taproom might still be on. I guess the worry is it’s now been a few weeks since it was canned, so it’s now had time to ferment in the can - hence the recall.

hope it doesn’t put them off making it mind, cos it’s a lovely beer.

Only bought one as not big on cherry flavoured stuff but I enjoyed it. Preferred the raspberry one and was hoping they do strawberry next. Maybe some time down the line...

Tried a sour IPA last time I was in there, couldn't even finish the tiny amount they gave me to try :lol:
Yeah some are an acquired taste. Had a numberwang once in the fossgate tap and it tasted and smelled like sick. Barman told me I didn’t appreciate good beer despite every punter saying the same thing.

Spent a good few hours yesterday going through my spreadsheet of London breweries and sussing out which ones have taprooms that you can actually visit. I've pulled those into a Google map to make it easier to see where you can do a few together on a weekend.

Seems there's 103 in the city, and I've been to 47 of them. Hoping up to take that over 50 today, ticking off a few local(ish) ones that I'd not got around to yet. German Kraft in Mayfair, Werewolf in Camden (looks shite to be honest and I'm not even sure it's open), and then Three Sods and Forest Road both by London Fields.

This spreadsheet/planning is probably the saddest thing I've ever done to be honest (apart from post on here thousands of times). :lol: It is creating some great weekends though and taking me to places in the city I'd never otherwise visit.

If anyone wants a link to the map of breweries/taprooms give me a shout, will ping across.

Spent a good few hours yesterday going through my spreadsheet of London breweries and sussing out which ones have taprooms that you can actually visit. I've pulled those into a Google map to make it easier to see where you can do a few together on a weekend.

Seems there's 103 in the city, and I've been to 47 of them. Hoping up to take that over 50 today, ticking off a few local(ish) ones that I'd not got around to yet. German Kraft in Mayfair, Werewolf in Camden (looks shite to be honest and I'm not even sure it's open), and then Three Sods and Forest Road both by London Fields.

This spreadsheet/planning is probably the saddest thing I've ever done to be honest (apart from post on here thousands of times). :lol: It is creating some great weekends though and taking me to places in the city I'd never otherwise visit.

If anyone wants a link to the map of breweries/taprooms give me a shout, will ping across.
Is there owt near The Emirates? Been trying to work out where to go when we play Arsenal.

Is there owt near The Emirates? Been trying to work out where to go when we play Arsenal.
Not really. Hammerton is the closest but they'll be closed on a Tuesday night. They do have a pub/taproom on Holloway Road as well, but as it's so close to the ground it'll be heaving. I think they're okay with away fans though so it's an option if you get there earlier.

Back