Craft Beer

I don't know if it's been mentioned but Home Bargains are selling 12 variety bottles of Hobgoblin for £12.99, I bought some the other night and supped the lot, lovely it was.
not craft beer mate

Just drinking the sticky bud now. Very nice, but the upside down is better.

had that in leeds last weekend, superb, by the way M & S in town have wylams hickey the rake on offer of 4 for 3 at the moment along with pretty much all beers they stock, sunderland store is crap mind and doesnt carry many lines, however washington is slightly better with newcastle and metro centre stores carrying a hell of a lot more beers.,

Last edited:
I'm just having a third of it in Port Street, Manchester now. I actually think it's very good. Not getting these weird off tastes people have been talking about. Just a very strong malty taste.
So a failure then, it just tastes like beer :)

Bought a can of Unhuman and half a pint of lemon meringue pie from Buxton/Omnipollo at Friends of ham in Leeds at the weekend , cost £15 lol, enjoyed it mind.
What the absolute fuck? :eek:

Last edited:
So a failure then, it just tastes like beer :)

Not really, for an 11% Double IPA to have a really well developed, pleasant malt backbone they've definitely done something right.

My point was more that I'd heard of some weird off-tastes in the beer that I just didn't get.

What the absolute fuck? :eek:

He's bought limited run beers that are 11% and 6% respectively.

The Buxton/Omnipollo one in particular is excellent.

Last edited:
Not really, for an 11% Double IPA to have a really well developed, pleasant malt backbone they've definitely done something right.

My point was more that I'd heard of some weird off-tastes in the beer that I just didn't get.

He's bought limited run beers that are 11% and 6% respectively.

The Buxton/Omnipollo one in particular is excellent.

aye, that, lol.

It does like, the amount of shit chocolate and strawberry and fuck knows what else beers kicking around
It's embarrassing man, Weiss beer for fucks sake :D
Have a pint of double maxim
Which would seem just as daft to a German as us drinking their wheat beers does to you.

What's wrong with trying something new and different? We don't all want to sit in the workies club drinking pint after pint of the exact same boring beer

Arguably craft these days but for those looking to give something different a try asda have a 4 for £6 offer on right now and it includes Brewdog, Harbour and Vocation core ranges that they carry as well as a few other bits n bobs, worth a look anyway.

Asda Boldon by the way, as far as i know these lines are only in the 24hr stores, well apart from some Brewdog stuff.

Which would seem just as daft to a German as us drinking their wheat beers does to you.

What's wrong with trying something new and different? We don't all want to sit in the workies club drinking pint after pint of the exact same boring beer
Oooooooooo

Get her

I'm just having a Leffe Blond...prior to this I had a Gouden Carolus Cuvée Van de Keizer Blauwe followed by a Gouden Carolus Tripel and 2 pints of wife beater

Back