Craft Beer

Will also accept lactobacillus fermented, ludicrous adjuncts or 5,000,000 kg of aroma hops. Preferably Mosaic.
I'm going to try and brew a SMaSH at the weekend and I have the choice of 3 hops. Mandarina Bavaria, jester or glacier. Or I could do an IPA and get shot of loads of me stock.

Canny if you like IPA’s and pale ales, not much if you like darker stuff. Same as Asda, about 20-30 different new craft ales. One porter, no stouts. And the porter is canny average….

Aye, that's true I suppose, I tend to go for the lighter ales.

Noticed, as far as stouts went, they had Camerons Tontine Milk Stout and Redwell Kofra - they also had a really strong and cheap stout called Dragon or something, probably too cheap to be good.

Canny if you like IPA’s and pale ales, not much if you like darker stuff. Same as Asda, about 20-30 different new craft ales. One porter, no stouts. And the porter is canny average….
Aye, that's true I suppose, I tend to go for the lighter ales.

Noticed, as far as stouts went, they had Camerons Tontine Milk Stout and Redwell Kofra - they also had a really strong and cheap stout called Dragon or something, probably too cheap to be good.

Tesco's stout selection is poor, meaning I'm having to order from Beers of Europe and I am not keen paying such a high delivery mark-up!

Tesco do sell most varieties of Guinness though, including the Antwerpen and Foreign Extra, which are both good and will blow your face off at 8.2% and 7.5% respectively :cool:

Tesco's stout selection is poor, meaning I'm having to order from Beers of Europe and I am not keen paying such a high delivery mark-up!

Tesco do sell most varieties of Guinness though, including the Antwerpen and Foreign Extra, which are both good and will blow your face off at 8.2% and 7.5% respectively :cool:

You not on the despies anymore?

I thought they were the same thing?
It was originally down to strength (stout was originally called "stout porter" which is effectively strong Porter), but that's no longer the case (regular Guinness and a lot of other stouts are around the 4% mark and there are plenty of porters in the 6/7/8% range).

IIRC, these days porters are drier than stouts, and porters tend to use dark malted barley for the colour and flavour whilst stouts use unmalted roasted grain.

Has it been rebranded or discontinued? This is Lager is now called something else iirc
This is lager is now called Kingpin.

Don't know if it's just up here (glasgow) but they've got Orinoco Stout. That's nice. It might just be a glasgow thing though coz it's brewed by a brewery in Glasgow.

Last edited:

Back