Craft Beer

Looks amazing that.

They’ve pumped a lot of money into it, external design company etc. As a company they have the old fox in felling, and beer street in Newcastle.

I know Ryan who manages beer street, and just been sitting outside in old Eldon sq having a pint with him. He was saying the design and refurb of this new place has cost an absolute fortune compared to their other places.

There’s now a decent little set of bars in a stones throw of each other in the middle of Newcastle. Duck - Cat - Mouse. Happy days. 😎

Just opened Vocation’s Imperial Kirsch. Cherries aren’t to my taste, so wasn’t expecting to love it. It’s canny. Does what it says on the tin, just made sure I bought one cos I could.

Off work this week so might have a few more odd cans here & there.

They’ve pumped a lot of money into it, external design company etc. As a company they have the old fox in felling, and beer street in Newcastle.

I know Ryan who manages beer street, and just been sitting outside in old Eldon sq having a pint with him. He was saying the design and refurb of this new place has cost an absolute fortune compared to their other places.

There’s now a decent little set of bars in a stones throw of each other in the middle of Newcastle. Duck - Cat - Mouse. Happy days. 😎
Duck, cat, mouse…canny name for a bar that!
Just opened Vocation’s Imperial Kirsch. Cherries aren’t to my taste, so wasn’t expecting to love it. It’s canny. Does what it says on the tin, just made sure I bought one cos I could.

I Absolutely adore cherries in an impy stout, strange cos I can’t stand the things normally.

Last edited:

Fiver a can at Tesco? I quite liked it.
Duck, cat, mouse…canny name for a bar that!

Full names of the places are even better. And all a stones throw from each othet

Wobbly duck
Mean eyed cat
town mouse

Last edited:
I've been absolutely buckled today like. Ended a long session yesterday with a 75cl bottle of Kriek de Ranke. I'm hindsight that was a car crash of a decision.

Most interesting/odd drink of yesterday was the sour porter from Siren. Couldn't quite comprehend the flavours going on. Thought it was okay but a novelty I'll probably not go back to.

Right lads. Off to Manchester in a fortnight. I’ve been to Cloudwater and I’m fancying wanderbeyond and Pomona island - anywhere else I need to tap up while I’m that way on?
Cloudwater have just taken over the Pilcrow I think. Northern Monk is canny, Bondobust is quality, Port Street is very good, Beermoth is also very good (but always a bit on the pricey side)…you're spoilt for choice really!

Right lads. Off to Manchester in a fortnight. I’ve been to Cloudwater and I’m fancying wanderbeyond and Pomona island - anywhere else I need to tap up while I’m that way on?
Bundobust, marble tap and/marble arch, fierce bar, nm refectory?

All that have been mentioned plus Alphabet (near Cloudwater), Runaway and Beatnikz (there’s also GRUB nearby which has great food and loads of nice beers on tap). Seven Brothers is very popular but I don’t think most of their beers are that great.

The Crown & Kettle is a cracking pub, too, and also the Smithfield Tavern which has lots of Blackjack beers.

Last edited:
I had that PD one on Friday actually, thought it was a solid 4/5. Haven't had a NEIPA in ages.
It’s good for sure. The regret is coming from it being a Monday night after a weekend on the beers. Very into my NEIPAs at the moment so Pressure Drop is getting a lot of air time

Back