Craft Beer

Had that Unbarred Bueno Shake after. Ok, but to shout home about.

Onto the Mighty Squeaker now. Soz Squirrel, it’s not for me. Too fruity. Not a surprise from a Black Gateaux drink. More like a red wine than a stout.

Just opened a De Moersleutel Willy Tonka. Decent, I’d say it scrapes a 4 at best. The aftertaste is a bit of hard work. I’m going to have a few more sips before it gets stuck on Untappd

A few from Vocation the other day. Bit disappointed with Tr-Hop-ical
I'd had a few other beers that day, but that didn't really taste of anything. I'd been looking forward to that too

I introduced a friend to Double Maxim though so that was good

I'd had a few other beers that day, but that didn't really taste of anything. I'd been looking forward to that too

That Vocation one is bland, you're right. One of the many poor ones in the last batch of supermarket releases

That Vocation one is bland, you're right. One of the many poor ones in the last batch of supermarket releases
What about Double?!

I like Double. Usually drink it in the club after matches. Wouldn’t bother in the house. Maybe a bbq. However, if you like Double, get yersel stick into Maximus. It’s stronger older brother. Think it’s 6% which seemed mental to me a couple of years ago. Drinking a 13%er right now!

Last edited:
What about Double?!

I like Double. Usually drink it in the club after matches. Wouldn’t bother in the house. Maybe a bbq. However, if you like Double, get yersel stick into Maximus. It’s stronger older brother. Think it’s 6% which seemed mental to me a couple of years ago. Drinking a 13%er right now!

Double is OK, that's it. I find it bland. If you want a cheapie supermarket dark ale get Riggwelter. I stay out of Maxim discussions these days 🤣🤣

Double is OK, that's it. I find it bland. If you want a cheapie supermarket dark ale get Riggwelter. I stay out of Maxim discussions these days 🤣🤣
Agree Rigglewelter is good. Haven’t had one for years. Wonder if it’s stand up against my new found impy tastes
Agree Rigglewelter is good. Haven’t had one for years. Wonder if it’s stand up against my new found impy tastes
Pressure Drop’s Choice of Dessert almost down. Its good, but suffers from not being as good as Vocations Banoffee Pie

Last edited:
Went onto Northern Monks North Star, session cans. I love them, but they taste canny synthetic after the De Moersleutel & Pressure Drop. I’ll probably drink most of the ones I bought for camping next week & have to restock.

I have Perfect Storm in the fridge.
I've also picked up the Amity Waterpistol Pale (I think) and the Hong Kong gwielo (sp) pale I think
I thought Perfect Storm was really bad. Gave it a 2, and even that felt generous. Thin and really astringent. At 6.6% I'm not having that it's a pale ale either. :lol:

Agree that Love and Hate is their best core beer, I haven't tasted anything from them that comes close to it.

I thought Perfect Storm was really bad. Gave it a 2, and even that felt generous. Thin and really astringent. At 6.6% I'm not having that it's a pale ale either. :lol:

Agree that Love and Hate is their best core beer, I haven't tasted anything from them that comes close to it.

I recall you hating Perfect Storm, I found it OK, as supermarket stuff goes. Had some awful ones recently mind. I tend to stock up on Faith and Sputnik when they're 4 for £6 in Tesco and rarely bother with other supermarket ones.

Back