Cowardly top cop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anything but nothing.

In the previous attack there were members of the public getting involved , remember the Millwall supporter?Also there were transport police officers fighting off three attackers with their truncheons despite massive injuries.
As a cop , doing nothing and locking your doors is not an option.
Of course it is man. This all happened over the course of about 2 minutes.

This bloke was on a hiding to nothing here as he would have been damned if he did and damned if he didn't.

People at that level are within the same profession but their roles are worlds apart, he will esentially be a professional manager/administrator/politician and probably hasn't spoken to a villian for 20 years let alone wrestled one with a knife to the ground.

Imagine the PR for IS or whoever the attacker was affiliated with had he managed to kill or wound someone so high profile.

Life isn't like an action film lads.
Imagine the PR if he took down the terrorist and saved a PC's life.

It would be the highlight of his career and the highlight of his entire life.

Made his choice to stay in the car..don't really blame him but it should not have been covered up and the image of sitting and watching is probably not the one the force wants and he should not be in a top job..

This bloke was on a hiding to nothing here as he would have been damned if he did and damned if he didn't.

People at that level are within the same profession but their roles are worlds apart, he will esentially be a professional manager/administrator/politician and probably hasn't spoken to a villian for 20 years let alone wrestled one with a knife to the ground.

Imagine the PR for IS or whoever the attacker was affiliated with had he managed to kill or wound someone so high profile.

Life isn't like an action film lads.
"watches an unarmed PC stabbed to death and when the suspect has been shot dead, drives away instead of helping or leading those on scene."

He could have at least made some futile gesture. There must have been something in his car he could have chucked at the attacker to cause a distraction.

To do nothing and then drive away is unforgivable.

Wait a minute, was he armed? If not, what was he supposed to do against a raging maniac with a large knife?
Did the lower ranking officer who was unarmed not try to tackle the terrorist and very sadly lose his life?...trying to protect others as is his duty( v brave man indeed )
Just read earlier post ...seems this is correct ..

He should have done something. To admit locking your doors is beyond embarrassing.

like what?

Anything but nothing.

In the previous attack there were members of the public getting involved , remember the Millwall supporter?Also there were transport police officers fighting off three attackers with their truncheons despite massive injuries.
As a cop , doing nothing and locking your doors is not an option.

like what?

53 minutes since this post. That means you've had 53 minutes to think of the correct course of action. That's 53 more minutes than this officer so plenty of time to think of something...

Imagine the PR if he took down the terrorist and saved a PC's life.

It would be the highlight of his career and the highlight of his entire life.
Instead.......

like what?...
I’ve got a stash of CDs in the car. A few of those hurled at high speed might have caused the attacker to flinch.

And I’ve got a tool kit, a couple of water bottles etc.

There must have been something he could have chucked.

Or he could have driven into it - even at slow speed with the doors locked.

like what?

like what?

53 minutes since this post. That means you've had 53 minutes to think of the correct course of action. That's 53 more minutes than this officer so plenty of time to think of something...

As others have said anything in the car. Wheel brace, jack, first aid box anything to distract him.

I've thought long and hard about being a have a go hero in the past. Coat off, wrap it around one hand so you can't easily get that hand cut. Keep your good hand free so you can crack the bloke.

Unfortunately I'm older and rather infirm these days, my walking and balance are shite. I would be a bit of a sacrificial lamb now. Would I do it? Perhaps against terrorists to give others a chance to attack them or escape. I've always hated bullies and never been frightened of anything :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back