Cowardly top cop.

Wait a minute, was he armed? If not, what was he supposed to do against a raging maniac with a large knife?

As much as any of his practically unarmed officers were expected to do. That’s what. Use the car as a weapon, shout to try and distract the attacker, wrestle him. Something at least. I would never expect a member of the public to get involved (although I’d hope they might). This man however, his rank regardless, is a copper. He should hang his head.

This bloke was on a hiding to nothing here as he would have been damned if he did and damned if he didn't.

People at that level are within the same profession but their roles are worlds apart, he will esentially be a professional manager/administrator/politician and probably hasn't spoken to a villian for 20 years let alone wrestled one with a knife to the ground.

Imagine the PR for IS or whoever the attacker was affiliated with had he managed to kill or wound someone so high profile.

Life isn't like an action film lads.

Last edited:
This bloke was on a hiding to nothing here as he would have been damned if he did and damned if he didn't.

People at that level are within the same profession but their roles are worlds apart, he will esentially be a professional manager/administrator/politician and probably hasn't spoken to a villian for 20 years let alone wrestled one with a knife to the ground.

Imagine the PR for IS or whoever the attacker was affiliated with had he managed to kill or wound someone so high profile.

Life isn't like an action film lads.

Well, he didn't. The despicable piece of shit.

He's unarmed and has no protective gear. I don't think he should be jumping in to that.

As for using his car as a weapon, how many bystanders would he have had to go through to hit the attacker? I'm going to suggest higher than zero, there were enough people about for it to be a terror target.

Well, he didn't. The despicable piece of shit.

But thats assuming whatever he decided to do was the correct course of action and resulted in the attacker being aprihended, not acting like some gaffer in out of his depth and getting in the road.

If he jumped out and got stabbed in the neck, or got in the way of an armed officer shooting him, he would have been branded as being an unprofessional wannabe hero that had no place getting involved in operations on the ground that he was not au fait with.

It sounds like there were procedural failings in the way that area was patrolled which senior officers possibly had some responsibilty for, but the other lads on the ground were far better placed to know how to respond. and from what i understand they got the twat under control in relatively short order.

What's he supposed to do? Be a knife block for the machete wanker?
Anything but nothing.

In the previous attack there were members of the public getting involved , remember the Millwall supporter?Also there were transport police officers fighting off three attackers with their truncheons despite massive injuries.
As a cop , doing nothing and locking your doors is not an option.

Back