Cowardly top cop.

I’ve got a stash of CDs in the car. A few of those hurled at high speed might have caused the attacker to flinch.

And I’ve got a tool kit, a couple of water bottles etc.

There must have been something he could have chucked.

Or he could have driven into it - even at slow speed with the doors locked.

and what would he have achieved by making the attacker flinch? Potential death? What would be the point in that?

I'm not sure driving at the scene of a potential terrorist situation is wise either considering the most recent method of attack was by using a vehicle. He'd probably be considered a terrorist and potential threat too until it was too late to work out that he was actually trying to help.

and what would he have achieved by making the attacker flinch? Potential death? What would be the point in that?

I'm not sure driving at the scene of a potential terrorist situation is wise either considering the most recent method of attack was by using a vehicle. He'd probably be considered a terrorist and potential threat too until it was too late to work out that he was actually trying to help.
Don’t know mate. I wasn’t there. And neither were you.

But I couldn’t have sat in my car with the doors locked watching a colleague being stabbed to death and then calmly driving aaayy.

But I couldn’t have sat in my car with the doors locked watching a colleague being stabbed to death and then calmly driving aaayy.

i'm not sure what the thinking was behind just driving off (if that happened) and that deserves criticism from all quarters (if that happened) but I can't bring myself to criticise for the initial reaction because, as you say, I wasn't there and therefore have no idea how I would have reacted.

Do we know if he was being driven by (for want of the technical term) a bodyguard, since he’s a top official and probably seen as a target in these times?

If it was, was it not the job of such a person to get him out of there?

Do we know if he was being driven by (for want of the technical term) a bodyguard, since he’s a top official and probably seen as a target in these times?

If it was, was it not the job of such a person to get him out of there?

Perhaps but it's his job to tell the bloke what to do.

He's a f***ing coward for me.

If he'd distracted the bloke for half a second it might have allowed the PC to get a dig in with his truncheon or run or whatever. You can't leave you colleague to die from the safety of a locked car when you're a copper.

If he'd distracted the bloke for half a second it might have allowed the PC to get a dig in with his truncheon or run or whatever. You can't leave you colleague to die from the safety of a locked car when you're a copper.

it's the job of the person under protection to tell the protector what to do??

It is if if the protector is a police officer as this police officer is in charge of all other officers bar the commissioner herself, no?

surely the protector isn't a police officer? What would be the point of employing a lower ranked colleague as a bodyguard to a high ranking met official?

surely the protector isn't a police officer? What would be the point of employing a lower ranked colleague as a bodyguard to a high ranking met official?

Who else would be assigned to protect politicians and other high ranking officials if not a police officer?

They might be a lower rank but that doesn’t mean they’re not exceptionally skilled, e.g. I bet a sergeant in say...traffic is a far better driver than a superintendent in CID

Last edited:
Who else would be assigned to protect politicians and other high ranking officials if not a police officer?

trained bodyguards? Being a bodyguard isn't about just being the blerk who takes the bullet if your client is under attack. There's so many other tasks that come with the role that you wouldn't be expected to do as a run-of-the-mill police officer.

we digress like but I also read the article as if the officer in question wasn't driving himself from the house of commons so clearly had others in charge of his wellbeing in the car.

trained bodyguards? Being a bodyguard isn't about just being the blerk who takes the bullet if your client is under attack. There's so many other tasks that come with the role that you wouldn't be expected to do as a run-of-the-mill police officer.

we digress like but I also read the article as if the officer in question wasn't driving himself from the house of commons so clearly had others in charge of his wellbeing in the car.

Aren’t bodyguards assigned to protect politicians and top officials and the like serving police officers? That’s my point mate.

They’re not run of the mill officers they’re highly trained in doing that job.

Aren’t bodyguards assigned to protect politicians and top officials and the like serving police officers? That’s my point mate.

They’re not run of the mill officers they’re highly trained in doing that job.

I've no idea tbh but I cannot believe that someone who requires the protection of a bodyguard can just overrule the trained bodyguard because he's a higher ranked official.

like what?

like what?

53 minutes since this post. That means you've had 53 minutes to think of the correct course of action. That's 53 more minutes than this officer so plenty of time to think of something...
I don’t live in here you sad sack. I’ve been watching Tracey get married .
I’ve no idea what I would have done but I would not have locked the door of my car and sat there like a coward.

Acting Met boss witnessed Westminster attack

He should be ashamed of himself.

He's had time since the event to get his cover story right but, like it or not, a cops job from time to time means getting in harms way and this was such an occasion. Yellow bastard.

He is no Jack Ryan like.

How can police look up to that scared muppet?

Shameful behaviour from him.

Absolutely right, it beggars belief what he did. i.e. Nothing!

If he jumped out and got stabbed in the neck, or got in the way of an armed officer shooting him, he would have been branded as being an unprofessional wannabe hero that had no place getting involved in operations on the ground that he was not au fait with.

Sorry but I totally disagree with the above. Had he got stuck in like any copper would, then he would have been commended on his bravery. He would have been a hero not a coward like he is now.
Armed, unarmed with or without protective clothing he SHOULD NOT have locked himself in his car, he should have had a go

Sorry but I totally disagree with the above. Had he got stuck in like any copper would, then he would have been commended on his bravery. He would have been a hero not a coward like he is now.
Armed, unarmed with or without protective clothing he SHOULD NOT have locked himself in his car, he should have had a go

NEE NEED TO f***ing SHOUT MAN, I'VE JUST GOT UP.

Back