Covid jab to become mandatory for care home staff

There are other jabs that frontline NHS staff must get, I think anyway, so this is no different. If you want to work in close personal distance of vulnerable people then it is only reasonable that you take precautions to protect those you are caring for. If you are not willing to do that you are in the wrong job.
Trouble is we are already struggling to fill positions in care homes. At some stage our society is gonna have to grow up and realise these jobs need better pay. We need people fighting over the jobs.
Not being harsh but it probably wouldn't be an issue for too long
Still gotta go somewhere.

Difficult to say but estimates were that it reduces the chances of passing it on by 40-60%. If both person with it and person exposed to the person are vaccinated, the viral load is much lower and chance of symptomatic infection is going to be much reduced.
If that's the case then fair enough imo. Tbh the vast majority of us are probably going to end up getting an annual shot anyway.

Every solution to a covid problem seems to create another problem.
That's why I'm not sure forcing staff to have the jab is a good idea.
As I said in a previous post, pay them to have it.

Yip, telling staff their job is so important they must be jabbed while paying them shit wages is gonna piss them off.
Shit wage is better than no wage

There are other jabs that frontline NHS staff must get, I think anyway, so this is no different. If you want to work in close personal distance of vulnerable people then it is only reasonable that you take precautions to protect those you are caring for. If you are not willing to do that you are in the wrong job.

Recommended but not mandatory iirc even for frontline staff, lots are working without them. There are frontline staff working on NHS & private wards today who have declined covid vaccine.

Not sure how it’ll work tbh, lot of care homes are private companies and its already been suggested it may not be legally enforceable. They risk losing more staff who already can’t be replaced, in private companies and the NHS.

It makes sense to get all staff vaccinated, but trying to make it a legal requirement will backfire imo

Recommended but not mandatory iirc even for frontline staff, lots are working without them. There are frontline staff working on NHS & private wards today who have declined covid vaccine.

Not sure how it’ll work tbh, lot of care homes are private companies and its already been suggested it may not be legally enforceable. They risk losing more staff who already can’t be replaced, in private companies and the NHS.

It makes sense to get all staff vaccinated, but trying to make it a legal requirement will backfire imo
Is hep B not mandatory for surgical staff, and possibly A&E?

Is hep B not mandatory for surgical staff, and possibly A&E?

someone may know otherwise, but i thought they were strongly recommended but not mandatory.

certainly isn’t mandatory in GP Practices or Primary Care organisations

someone may know otherwise, but i thought they were strongly recommended but not mandatory.

It looks like you are right. It was being widely reported a couple of weeks ago, but it stemmed from bollocks/lies from Hancock. If I had realised it had come from a Tory minister then I would have double checked:

First two examples that come uk on Google. Out of curiosity, which trust are you in? Shocked that there are people carrying out EPPs who aren’t required to have Hep B vaccine!

Yes. 100 f***ing percent this
You're a wannabe Hitler or Stalin but you're just some sad act behind a computer. Nobody should have control over anybody else's body.

Many people in this thread would happily breach the Nuremburg code. History teaches us that people will conform and do terrible things when they feel they are in the majority.

The sheep have learned absolutely nothing from the swine flu scandal.
First they came for the NHS workers

Good idea to protect the most vulnerable or authoritarian?

I'm a bit uneasy the government mandating it for care home staff to be honest.
I'd be more open to the idea for NHS staff, being a public service.

Authoritarian.

Hopefully some legal action comes out of this.

Back