Covid jab to become mandatory for care home staff

First two examples that come uk on Google. Out of curiosity, which trust are you in? Shocked that there are people carrying out EPPs who aren’t required to have Hep B vaccine!

i don’t work in secondary care but know several that do. Not sure about EPP staff specifically, maybe they are mandatory, but they 100% have staff working on wards and caring for patients who haven’t had any recommended jabs incl. covid.

I’m all for staff having it, my Mother in Law is in a care home and i’d hate to think someone gave her it because they refused covid jab. I’m not sure its legally enforceable though, and expect it’ll be challenged. It certainly will if made mandatory for all NHS organisations imo

Some crack, you're an absolute disgrace. Who the fuck do you think you are wanting control over other peoples bodies you absolute sad act. You probably love lockdown as well because you stay indoors and spend all your time on here.

Oh and 'freedom day' extended again, bet you were buzzing.

We'll be back in full lockdown by October. The Covid tyranny will morph into climate control tyranny.

I bet secretly you were wish you were Gates or Hancock.
Gates?? You are obviously an anti vaxxer and conspiracy nut. Onto ignore you go

Caught a discussion on GMB about it. Four people all on at least 100k a year and not one suggested paying care staff a bonus for taking the vaccine.

Trouble is we are already struggling to fill positions in care homes. At some stage our society is gonna have to grow up and realise these jobs need better pay. We need people fighting over the jobs.

Still gotta go somewhere.
I agree that the jobs are under paid but that is a different question. The answer to that question is full trade union membership
Recommended but not mandatory iirc even for frontline staff, lots are working without them. There are frontline staff working on NHS & private wards today who have declined covid vaccine.

Not sure how it’ll work tbh, lot of care homes are private companies and its already been suggested it may not be legally enforceable. They risk losing more staff who already can’t be replaced, in private companies and the NHS.

It makes sense to get all staff vaccinated, but trying to make it a legal requirement will backfire imo
Simply have an essential criteria of willing to take precautions to prevent the spread of infections to the people they care for.

Last edited:
Wonder if people like marvel Ade have had family or friends die of covid
I reckon most havnt and winder if they would change their views if it did- god forbid

I've had the jab just in case its required for this particular holiday im going on and i dont want to be in a situation where i cant go. Still its an absolute disgrace if people are forced to have an unlicenced jab that doesn't stop you getting the virus or passing it on. You simply cannot go down that road as you are setting a precident for them to inject what they want into you. No thanks and people shouldn't be forced out of their jobs because of it.

:lol:

Unlicensed jab.

I'm against it.

The vaccine doesn't stop you getting Covid or passing it on so how is forcing care home staff to get it going to change that? if anything better education on the vaccine is needed.

Lets be honest the BAME community make up a large part of the workforce in this sector and it's the same BAME community where uptake is low. What will happen is the BAME workers will just up sticks and move to other jobs and leave a sector that is already struggling even short on manpower.

Also it's a slippery slope we're on now and it's only a matter of time til we get to mandatory vaccinations for the whole population. It's the kind of sh*t we would condemn the likes of China and Russia for doing.

I agree that the jobs are under paid but that is a different question. The answer to that question is full trade union membership

Simply have an essential criteria of willing to take precautions to prevent the spread of infections to the people they care for.

do you then make it essential criteria in all NHS roles, and all caring roles in private companies?

A lot in these areas are really struggling to recruit and retain anyway, are they really going to risk their businesses to try and enforce something that may not even be legal?

do you then make it essential criteria in all NHS roles, and all caring roles in private companies?

A lot in these areas are really struggling to recruit and retain anyway, are they really going to risk their businesses to try and enforce something that may not even be legal?
Yes for all of the roles, then get them to join a trade union and get better pay and conditions. If there is a shortage of labour, now is the time to start collective bargaining across the whole sector, to get decent wages for what is a very difficult job.

Yes for all of the roles, then get them to join a trade union and get better pay and conditions. If there is a shortage of labour, now is the time to start collective bargaining across the whole sector, to get decent wages for what is a very difficult job.

just don’t see it happening, certainly not without legal challenges. I’m pretty certain unions representing NHS staff wouldn’t accept it if it was applied to all NHS staffing

The resident covid experts wont like that mind

I haven’t denied that it’s unlicensed. I acknowledged that it had emergency approval in a post I made months ago.

I just think that this forum has a lot of gobshites who misuse that term unlicensed to reach the wrong conclusion

Expert you will never be, btw so don’t flatter yourself

I haven’t denied that it’s unlicensed. I acknowledged that it had emergency approval in a post I made months ago.

I just think that this forum has a lot of gobshites who misuse that term unlicensed to reach the wrong conclusion

Expert you will never be, btw so don’t flatter yourself
So you'd understand peoples reasons for not wanting it or not wanting to force it on people?

Guess not you're the 'expert' at the end of that day

Back