County Cricket 2022

I don't know why anyone is surprised.

How were they going to change it this quickly, when the fixtures should have been out during the Ashes anyway.

*sigh*
no gosforth fixture pencilled in yet. notts away in one day cup is at grantham on a sunday so i'll go for that one.

need to whack my annual leave in now

Last edited:
7 Championship games (HALF) before the end of Spring, then 4 games in September.

So despite everything that’s been said about England’s failings, the talk of a lack of cricket in actual Summer and of the Championship being pushed into the margins of the season - they’ve gone and done exactly the f*cking same again.

FTECB.

Oh and no Lords final.

FTECB again. C*nts.

Five home games off the belt between June 5 and 19 in the T20 with a four day home game thrown in as well....let's hope it remains dry! :eek:On the subject of the T20 for the second year running we don't play Derby at home.🤔

As mentioned already no real surprises as the FTECB don't give a shit about red ball cricket.
I wonder if we can fit in the traditional curtain raiser against the university in the last week in March.
Christ how many T20s do they want to play!
I was down there in 2019 when we played the Uni in March....the clocks hadn't even gone forward.:lol::eek:

Last edited:
*sigh*
no gosforth fixture pencilled in yet. notts away in one day cup is at grantham on a sunday so i'll go for that one.

need to whack my annual leave in now
I reckon the Gosforth and Scarborough "home' matches will be Sussex on Wed 17th and Surrey on Thurs 4th.
Five home games off the belt between June 5 and 19 in the T20 with a four day home game thrown in as well....let's hope it remains dry! :eek:On the subject of the T20 for the second year running we don't play Derby at home.🤔

As mentioned already no real surprises as the FTECB don't give a shit about red ball cricket.

I was down there in 2019 when we played the Uni in March....the clocks hadn't even gone forward.:lol::eek:
I couldn't manage that although I do like the fixture.
One good thing it looks like they have binned the Bob Willis trophy.

Last edited:
The amount of red ball cricket in June and July has increased from 20% to 34%

So I guess it’s a slight improvement if being generous

The 106 day gap between the last day of our 4th away CC fixture against Middlesex and the first day of our 5th one against Derby on Sept 5 must be some sort of record.:eek:

well that's my annual leave all bashed in. hand early doors with games starting thursday meaning only having to use 2 days leave during the week. definitely going to do notts away on the sunday which is at grantham, nice enough drive out that. might look at doing leicester on the tuesday if qualification is still interesting. still got 22 days to take before september :lol: :lol:

Thursday April 14th – Leicester Day 1 – Home

Friday April 15th – Leicester Day 2 – Home

Thursday April 21st – Notts Day 1 – Home

Friday April 22nd – Notts Day 2 – Home

Thursday May 12th – Glamorgan Day 1 – Home

Friday May 13th – Glamorgan Day 2 – Home

Monday 11th July – Derby Day 1 – Home

Tuesday 12th July – Derby Day 2 – Home

Wednesday 13th July – Derby Day 3 – Home

Thursday 14th July – Derby Day 4 – Home

Mon 25th July – Middlesex Day 1 – Home

Tuesday 26th July – Middlesex Day 2 – Home

Wednesday 27th July – Middlesex Day 3 – Home

Thursday 28th July – Middlesex Day 4 – Home

Thursday 4th August – Surrey – Home – One Day Cup

Friday 12th August – Gloucester – Home – One Day Cup

Wednesday 17th August – Sussex – Home – One Day Cup
I reckon the Gosforth and Scarborough "home' matches will be Sussex on Wed 17th and Surrey on Thurs 4th.
Looks no Scarborough this year

"Hampshire in the final group game at Scarborough on Tuesday 23 August" - taken from Yorkshire site. Durham are at Leicester that day

Last edited:
The amount of red ball cricket in June and July has increased from 20% to 34%

So I guess it’s a slight improvement if being generous
Obscene that there's absolutely no 4 day cricket throughout the month of August. That a consequence of a dictatorial edict forced through with bribery by Graves 2 years ago.

In terms of CC think I’ll head to Worcs in early May. I’ve a month off work end of July first few weeks of August so will pick and choose a few white ball games during that period.

well that's my annual leave all bashed in. hand early doors with games starting thursday meaning only having to use 2 days leave during the week. definitely going to do notts away on the sunday which is at grantham, nice enough drive out that. might look at doing leicester on the tuesday if qualification is still interesting. still got 22 days to take before september :lol: :lol:

Thursday April 14th – Leicester Day 1 – Home

Friday April 15th – Leicester Day 2 – Home

Thursday April 21st – Notts Day 1 – Home

Friday April 22nd – Notts Day 2 – Home

Thursday May 12th – Glamorgan Day 1 – Home

Friday May 13th – Glamorgan Day 2 – Home

Monday 11th July – Derby Day 1 – Home

Tuesday 12th July – Derby Day 2 – Home

Wednesday 13th July – Derby Day 3 – Home

Thursday 14th July – Derby Day 4 – Home

Mon 25th July – Middlesex Day 1 – Home

Tuesday 26th July – Middlesex Day 2 – Home

Wednesday 27th July – Middlesex Day 3 – Home

Thursday 28th July – Middlesex Day 4 – Home

Thursday 4th August – Surrey – Home – One Day Cup

Friday 12th August – Gloucester – Home – One Day Cup

Wednesday 17th August – Sussex – Home – One Day Cup

Looks no Scarborough this year

"Hampshire in the final group game at Scarborough on Tuesday 23 August" - taken from Yorkshire site. Durham are at Leicester that day
Might get different grounds in the 2nds fixtures 🤞

Back