County Cricket 2022

The argument was that if only 2 would go up it gave counties in the 2nd division less chance of competing to win a championship over a period of time because it was more difficult to get promoted.Personally liked the 3 up 3 down kept everyone on their toes and there is no real issue if you are in division 2 if you are producing England players.
Yes but 3 up and 3 down would increase the danger of the so called bigger counties getting relegated. Can't have that, chaps.

The obvious and fair punishment would be YCC losing Test status with Durham regaining their own and a potential points deduction suspension.

Naturally, as it's the ECB, it will be a fact finding expedition with the White Rose being given a friendly tap on the wrist.

I don't know that it would be 'obvious and fair' as both cases were entirely different.

there's also almost no chance that headingley is removed from the test circuit. and i think most fans would be ok with that, since the fans have done nothing wrong to be penalised with. obviously the same is true of durham fans we were had our test status revoked, but its a different story and two wrongs don't make a right.

I don't know that it would be 'obvious and fair' as both cases were entirely different.

there's also almost no chance that headingley is removed from the test circuit. and i think most fans would be ok with that, since the fans have done nothing wrong to be penalised with. obviously the same is true of durham fans we were had our test status revoked, but its a different story and two wrongs don't make a right.
Totally agree but whilst the venue should remain Headingley, YCCC should be awarded only staging costs and profits retained centrally and then shared equally amongst all counties, YCCC included.

Totally agree but whilst the venue should remain Headingley, YCCC should be awarded only staging costs and profits retained centrally and then shared equally amongst all counties, YCCC included.
Agree but with Yorkshire receiving none of any counties. I don't know what relegation and deductions would achieve money wise, which is all any county cares about

Could probably make the argument that should always be the case tbh. In the same way that crickets are centrally contracted, if i had any faith in FTECB i would say why not make it the same with all venues - since they finally abolished the bidding fee then FTECB pay expenses but retain profit from matches otherwise you're just giving the counties with the most money even more whilst the others starve
Agree but with Yorkshire receiving none of any counties. I don't know what relegation and deductions would achieve money wise, which is all any county cares about

I'm always dubious of financial penalties in cases of poor service. it's like when people sue a hospital or whatever, for something being missed. ok you take money out of a service, maybe a few nurses lose their job and then how do you provide better service with less money?

yorkshire, and all counties, are going to go through a process of investiagtion and planning and retraining etc and that costs money. but there again, it's eally hard to think of a fitting 'punishment' for this as it's not financial (as in durham's case) it's not sporting (sandpaper gate etc)

i'm at a loss as to what the right thing to do would be. thorough investigation and long term bans for involvement in cricket for any of those found guilty of misconduct/negligence/covering up etc. FTECB set a precident in some ways with durham's punishment but for 1 i think they got that very wrong and for 2 it's totally different offences.

Last edited:
Any chance we can have the fixtures now that shite down under is over. So I can plan trips to grounds I've never been to, like Derby, Leicester, Hove, Taunton and Canterbury and maybe a few outgrounds. This is my aim for the season while I'm boycotting Yorkshire and quite possibly ECB XI games depending how much and if at all they punish RCCC

Any chance we can have the fixtures now that shite down under is over. So I can plan trips to grounds I've never been to, like Derby, Leicester, Hove, Taunton and Canterbury and maybe a few outgrounds. This is my aim for the season while I'm boycotting Yorkshire and quite possibly ECB XI games depending how much and if at all they punish RCCC

all nice grounds in nice towns. if youre down that way and there's a match on at arundel (about an hour west of brighton iirc) i can't recommend that highly enough.

can recommend you some pubs if you're off to canterbury, i lived 5 minutes from the ground for years
just noticed your avatar @Silly Point where/when is that from?

all nice grounds in nice towns. if youre down that way and there's a match on at arundel (about an hour west of brighton iirc) i can't recommend that highly enough.

can recommend you some pubs if you're off to canterbury, i lived 5 minutes from the ground for years
Aye please. Would come in very useful I'm sure
Last year's Headingley Test
Plane was buzzing around fora good half hour :lol:

Last edited:
No bother. Assuming you even end up in the same div as cantbury. If you're in the nepl I'll show you round Whitburn meself
Cheers mate. Will PM nearer the time.

I don't mean for Yorkshire mind. Not touching them with a bargepole at the moment. But I want to keep watching and supporting county cricket as a neutral and finally get to some grounds that have been on my bucket list for a while

Last edited:
I’m looking forward to Worcester having seen pics of the ground with the cathedral in the background. Definitely want to try an out ground or two this year as well, hopefully Lancashire play at Sedbergh.

Canterbury is an absolutely beautiful city. Went down there to buy a puppy a couple of years ago so made a weekend of it.

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:

I don't mean for Yorkshire mind. Not touching them with a bargepole at the moment. But I want to keep watching and supporting county cricket as a neutral and finally get to some grounds that have been on my bucket list for a while
Both Aigburth(Liverpool) ard Sedburgh are Lancs outgrounds,charming and full of character. Cheltenham(Gloucestershire) and Beckenham (Kent) likewise.

Both Aigburth(Liverpool) ard Sedburgh are Lancs outgrounds,charming and full of character. Cheltenham(Gloucestershire) and Beckenham (Kent) likewise.
Cheltenham is definitely on the list and whichever outgrounds Lancs fancy using this year. Not thought of Beckenham

If you're up this way feel free to pm and if I'm free we can meet at cls if anybody could ever be that desperate
I’m looking forward to Worcester having seen pics of the ground with the cathedral in the background. Definitely want to try an out ground or two this year as well, hopefully Lancashire play at Sedbergh.

Canterbury is an absolutely beautiful city. Went down there to buy a puppy a couple of years ago so made a weekend of it.

Logon or register to see this image

They actually call that stream a river!

Back