Council tips

Its only since Easter that deptford has got particularly busy , time of year traditionally for people to start sorting out garden and spring cleaning / DIY

I’ve got a load of cardboard and recycling overflow in the back of my car as the queue this morning was ridiculous - will try on way to work tomorrow

The Deptford one is busy as owt these days..mind the better weather gets everyone out in the garden so garden waste is on the up but as already mentioned the fortnightly collection has had a huge impact on it..i went on Tuesday after work last week (4.30) and the queue was ridiculous..fly tipping is disgusting but I can see it getting out of hand the way things are going.

Well when you win the lottery give it the council to fun weekly collections for a year.

Bizarre

Bizarre that I think waste collect services cut in half are ok so just be happy about it?

Ok m8, it clearly me that’s bizarre :rolleyes:

The Deptford one is busy as owt these days..mind the better weather gets everyone out in the garden so garden waste is on the up but as already mentioned the fortnightly collection has had a huge impact on it..i went on Tuesday after work last week (4.30) and the queue was ridiculous..fly tipping is disgusting but I can see it getting out of hand the way things are going.

You’re absolutely right, fly tipping is on the increase since these council cutbacks.

Last edited:
Bizarre that I think waste collect services cut in half are ok so just be happy about it?

You’re absolutely right, fly tipping is on the increase since these council cutbacks.
We've had fortnightly bin collections for years. No problems here.

I think it is a bit odd to want fortnightly collections that are simply not needed. The council should think carefully about their spending and prioritise.

I believe most of the residents would agree.

For you- would you rather have a weekly bin collection (even though fortnightly is sufficient) but less social workers, or less cops on the street?

what you going to do??

I 've notice it more and more..not saying it's ok but people without cars for example..your bins full and the collection isn't for 3 or 4 days..bin starts to smell a bit..what you going to do??

I think it is a bit odd to want fortnightly collections that are simply not needed. The council should think carefully about their spending and prioritise.

I believe most of the residents would agree.

For you- would you rather have a weekly bin collection (even though fortnightly is sufficient) but less social workers, or less cops on the street?
To be fair, that’s a wider arguement regarding austerity.

Fortnightly should be ok for the majority.

How are they cut in half? they still come round once a week

Back