Could you account for your movements while drunk?

Been listening to some murder podcasts there and wondering what would happen if there was a local murder and you had to account for your movements while out on the lash. If you’re a blackout kinda drunk, then it could prove problematic.

For example, I left a pub in Newcastle on Saturday night at some point and ended up in port of call, but I’ve got absolutely no memory of leaving the pub, walking to the station or being on the metro. I just remember walking out of park lane station.
And having been on my own, there’s nobody to fill in the blanks. I also fell down some stairs about 3 hours later and banged my head but had no memory of that either until someone texted me next day and asked how my head was.

I’m used to it now and perfectly happy that I’m fully functioning and know exactly what I’m doing on a night out - I just forgot it the next day - but imagine trying to convince a detective of that. I suppose they see it all the time but how do you tell someone who’s genuine from someone who’s making it up to cover something up?
No. I have no idea how I got home 2 nights last week.
happens to me now and then. i use my oyster/contactless journey statement to work out where i've been. after the boro match i tapped in to the 135 bus three times in the space of 20 minutes. no idea why :lol:

Been listening to some murder podcasts there and wondering what would happen if there was a local murder and you had to account for your movements while out on the lash. If you’re a blackout kinda drunk, then it could prove problematic.

For example, I left a pub in Newcastle on Saturday night at some point and ended up in port of call, but I’ve got absolutely no memory of leaving the pub, walking to the station or being on the metro. I just remember walking out of park lane station.
And having been on my own, there’s nobody to fill in the blanks. I also fell down some stairs about 3 hours later and banged my head but had no memory of that either until someone texted me next day and asked how my head was.

I’m used to it now and perfectly happy that I’m fully functioning and know exactly what I’m doing on a night out - I just forgot it the next day - but imagine trying to convince a detective of that. I suppose they see it all the time but how do you tell someone who’s genuine from someone who’s making it up to cover something up?
what the fuck have you been up :lol:

Uber receipts are topper.

I had no recollection of getting back from Newcastle a few weeks ago. Checked my emails and I'd been charged £4 for a cancelled journey from outside of Central Station at 2.30am. The taxi we did get an hour later was from about a mile away. Must have booked a taxi then decided to go for another pint.

After seeing the email receipts a vague memory of talking shite to the driver all the way home came back to me.

I’ve woke up from a night on the piss when I lived in a shared accommodation (in the army) and had an armchair in my room. I genuinely can’t remember where it came from

I’ve woke up from a night on the piss when I lived in a shared accommodation (in the army) and had an armchair in my room. I genuinely can’t remember where it came from

Waking up in strange places is my forte - centre circle at fc Brno's ground, Budapest train station, gypsy boxing match in a cellar for example

Also fell asleep getting piped off by a lapdancer in prague

Christ I thought I was bad but some of the replies on here man. I think we are blurring some lines here though.

I’m generally talking about having a perfectly normal night and being a bit merry; going home in a taxi, making food, going to bed, but waking up with no memory of it (apart from the stairs falling).

Other people seem to be talking about being so drunk they do stupid things like steal a chair or get a train to somewhere odd.

I’m a high functioning drunk, so I never seem to get anywhere near the state required for that stuff.

Christ I thought I was bad but some of the replies on here man. I think we are blurring some lines here though.

I’m generally talking about having a perfectly normal night and being a bit merry; going home in a taxi, making food, going to bed, but waking up with no memory of it (apart from the stairs falling).

Other people seem to be talking about being so drunk they do stupid things like steal a chair or get a train to somewhere odd.

I’m a high functioning drunk, so I never seem to get anywhere near the state required for that stuff.
f***ing amateur.

Not trying hard enough imo

fanny. go hard or go home.

Thought this sounded familiar, Herbal has turned into a character in one of my books.:lol:
Logon or register to see this image

If I had £1 for every time I've woke up with literally no idea of how I've got home or where I've been or what I got up to I'd be extremely well off. I'd be fucked if I ever had to explain my movements.

I've been woke up in bars and hoyed out only to then find myself in another bar at closing time hours later with no memory whatsoever of what's gone on in between. I've woke up in hospital after being knocked over by a taxi, in strangers houses in loads of different places around the UK, in a different town/city form where I started and even once in a different country!

Amazingly though never in the police cells for more than 25yrs. This must be due to my lovely demeanour.

@Dave Herbal has always claimed he only drinks to get pissed - he's doing it wrong, if I'm out on a session I'm losing hours/limbs/friends and body parts
Absolutely this. Remember going to see the Rolling Stones at Slane about 10 years ago.

Woke up in a random bed completely naked.

Some lass I’d got chatting too took me back to hers. It was a four hour drive from slane castle, got me undressed and put me to bed in her mothers spare room as she felt sorry for me.....

I’d went to the concert with a group of friends including my missus :eek:

Nowt happened but I got a lovely fry up the next day and a lift to the bus station. Took me months of pleading innocence to explain that one away.

Absolutely this. Remember going to see the Rolling Stones at Slane about 10 years ago.

Woke up in a random bed completely naked.

Some lass I’d got chatting too took me back to hers. It was a four hour drive from slane castle, got me undressed and put me to bed in her mothers spare room as she felt sorry for me.....

I’d went to the concert with a group of friends including my missus :eek:

Nowt happened but I got a lovely fry up the next day and a lift to the bus station. Took me months of pleading innocence to explain that one away.
:lol::lol:

Now that's a good one

Waking up in strange places is my forte - centre circle at fc Brno's ground, Budapest train station, gypsy boxing match in a cellar for example

Also fell asleep getting piped off by a lapdancer in prague
I woke up on the toilet floor of a pub, set the alarm off when I entered the bar. Coppers come but I hid behind the bar until the lad come to open up, had myself a canny breakfast of Peroni and Glenfiddich. Mind the lad who opened up shite himself when I popped up from behind the bar.

Back