Could you account for your movements while drunk?

Dave Herbal

Striker
Been listening to some murder podcasts there and wondering what would happen if there was a local murder and you had to account for your movements while out on the lash. If you’re a blackout kinda drunk, then it could prove problematic.

For example, I left a pub in Newcastle on Saturday night at some point and ended up in port of call, but I’ve got absolutely no memory of leaving the pub, walking to the station or being on the metro. I just remember walking out of park lane station.
And having been on my own, there’s nobody to fill in the blanks. I also fell down some stairs about 3 hours later and banged my head but had no memory of that either until someone texted me next day and asked how my head was.

I’m used to it now and perfectly happy that I’m fully functioning and know exactly what I’m doing on a night out - I just forgot it the next day - but imagine trying to convince a detective of that. I suppose they see it all the time but how do you tell someone who’s genuine from someone who’s making it up to cover something up?

Been listening to some murder podcasts there and wondering what would happen if there was a local murder and you had to account for your movements while out on the lash. If you’re a blackout kinda drunk, then it could prove problematic.

For example, I left a pub in Newcastle on Saturday night at some point and ended up in port of call, but I’ve got absolutely no memory of leaving the pub, walking to the station or being on the metro. I just remember walking out of park lane station.
And having been on my own, there’s nobody to fill in the blanks. I also fell down some stairs about 3 hours later and banged my head but had no memory of that either until someone texted me next day and asked how my head was.

I’m used to it now and perfectly happy that I’m fully functioning and know exactly what I’m doing on a night out - I just forgot it the next day - but imagine trying to convince a detective of that. I suppose they see it all the time but how do you tell someone who’s genuine from someone who’s making it up to cover something up?
No. I have no idea how I got home 2 nights last week.

On a far more normalised level, if I've had a few and my lass (no) asks why I pissed all over the toilet seat, I generally have no recollection or valid answer. Other than 'beer'.

Back