Could anyone recommend books to read during November and December lay off?

Pep Confidential is a brilliant read.

The author had unfiltered access to the dressing room, training ground, team-talks, Pep himself, his coaches, the board, and some of the players during Pep's first season at Bayern. Some brilliant behind the scenes insight and well worth your time.

Should have also mentioned (if you are a serious reader)
1. Everything by Dostoyevsky
2. Everything by Kafka
3. Everything by Thomas Hardy (don't be put off by shite shite TV costume drama adaptations)

I've read them all ,- but not all of them - if you get what I mean. At least in Nov/Dec we'll be far from the madding crowd.

Brilliant.

Last edited:
Pep Confidential is a brilliant read.

The author had unfiltered access to the dressing room, training ground, team-talks, Pep himself, his coaches, the board, and some of the players during Pep's first season at Bayern. Some brilliant behind the scenes insight and well worth your time.

It's great, and anyone who questions Guardiola really should give it a go.

I would also recommend
the original Salem’s lot .

Class
Probably my all time fav book. Picked it up in Woolworths around 1976, had no idea what it was about, picked it up due to the cover, all black with a tiny speck of blood coming from someones mouth

That was me hooked for ever to Stephen King, he is speaking at The Cheltenham book festival this year, but only by video link, he must be a canny age now.

The film/short series was quite scary also
Football is apparently disappearing down a non-celestial black hole the last 2 months of the year.
A good opportunity to catch up on reading. Any suggestions of book titles to fill the void?

I lost my heart at wounded knee. When I had finished the book, I had to go back and check the timescales, brutal

Last edited:

Back