Could anyone recommend books to read during November and December lay off?

Very good book that.

Angels with Dirty Faces
Kaiser!
Provided you don't kiss me
Nobody ever says thank you
Behind the curtain
Calcio
The far corner
Fear and loathing in La Liga.

Just a few of mine, I'm awaiting The ball is round to be delivered as well. Few beers in the garden with a good footy book is class when the weather is like this!

How was Angels with Dirty Faces? It's been gathering dust on my bookshelf a while. The two Clough books too although I've read them.

Currently reading these.

East Street West Street…Philippe Sands
The Ratline…Philippe Sands
Birdsong..Sebastian Faulks
Up There..Michael Walker
Be Good, Love Brian..Craig Bromfield

I've pre-ordered these 3 to read while that shit show is in progress for 4 weeks. If you're into your music and musical/social/cultural history, these may be of interest.

David Hepworth : Abbey Road - The Inside Story of the World's Most Famous Recording Studio.

John Robb - The History of Goth

John Higgs: Love and Let Die - The Beatles and the British Psyche.

These 3 books, walking the dog, and hopefully by then a new arrival of a German Shepherd puppy will get me through the void of no awaydays for 4 weeks.

Football is apparently disappearing down a non-celestial black hole the last 2 months of the year.
A good opportunity to catch up on reading. Any suggestions of book titles to fill the void?
.. Stephen King 'Dark Tower' Series. The first one 'The Gun Slinger" is the only book that has ever had me gripped by the second page .. Also 'The Black Company' series by Glen Cook ..

.. You'd have to be some boy to finish them before the footy starts again mind ..

Football books:-
SKP's autobiography. Not long, but will take two months to read as you will fall asleep every three pages or less. I lent my copy to somebody, never even crossed my mind to ask for it back.
Conversely, Quinny's book is a great read, brilliantly (ghost) written, full of revealing detail, about three times the length of SKP's but you will probably finish it in a couple of days.

Non-football:-
Vikram Seth's A Suitable Boy. Very long, hard to keep track of what gannin on, takes forever to read.
David Foster Wallace, Infinite Jest. Description as above. All I can remember now is that it was about a tennis school and a video that turns anyone who watches it into a vegetable.

A serious suggestion though - Mark Haddon's collection of his own short stories, The Pier Falls, is just brilliant. If you like Charlie Brooker's Dark Mirror series, this book is like that times 10.

Should have also mentioned (if you are a serious reader)
1. Everything by Dostoyevsky
2. Everything by Kafka
3. Everything by Thomas Hardy (don't be put off by shite shite TV costume drama adaptations)

How was Angels with Dirty Faces? It's been gathering dust on my bookshelf a while. The two Clough books too although I've read them.
I enjoyed it. Its Jonathan Wilson so you know its going to be concise but I just love how he captures the culture and the Political elements and how they intertwine into the football. Worth a read.

Back