Could anyone recommend books to read during November and December lay off?

.. Stephen King 'Dark Tower' Series. The first one 'The Gun Slinger" is the only book that has ever had me gripped by the second page .. Also 'The Black Company' series by Glen Cook ..

.. You'd have to be some boy to finish them before the footy starts again mind ..
You read the full series?
Love how loads of his other books link in with it.

Mentioned it a couple of times on here, if it’s a subject which remotely interests you, give Bore Hole by Joey Mellen a try.

The bloke trepanned himself in an attempt to replicate the high of LSD on a permanent basis. Excellent read.

.. Yes. Was the first time I had read anything like that. Might get back round to reading it again one day..
I've read the first 3, but at the same time trying to read some of the other books with strong links to the story (found a list online which gave a recommended order to read them in).

Just finished Bob Mortimer’s Autobiography. Most amusing.
I thought it was more of a self help book for him.
A good read, funny at times and definitely relatable coming from the North East and a similar age.
The game of shit on a stick made me laugh out loud.
I still think Ozzy is the best biography Ive ever read.

Last edited:
I thought it was more of a self help book for him.
A good read, funny at times and definitely relatable coming from the North East and a similar age.
The game of shit on a stick made me laugh out loud.
I still think Ozzy is the best biography Ive ever read.
I’m using the term “better an empty house than an unruly tenant “ already :lol:

I've read the first 3, but at the same time trying to read some of the other books with strong links to the story (found a list online which gave a recommended order to read them in).
.. I get them second hand off my brother in law these days. Last one I read was Billy Summers .. Quite a few I am yet to read ..

Is there any books on how to fill up one’s glass to half way? Any books on how to put a positive spin in every situation so that one can see the good in a particular situation rather than the bad? I’d love to know if theirs a book available that teaches you how to fall in shit and come up acting like you have fallen in a bed of roses.

It exists. It seems everyone has read it cover to cover hundred’s of times.

Back