Costco

Getting my fuel from Costco pays for the membership on the money i save.

Food always top quality. And then the random shite you don’t need but buy.

Keep forgetting they do fuel. About 10p a litre cheaper than some places. Generally I don’t think they are any cheaper than supermarkets but good quality and occasionally a real bargain on big purchases.

Keep forgetting they do fuel. About 10p a litre cheaper than some places. Generally I don’t think they are any cheaper than supermarkets but good quality and occasionally a real bargain on big purchases.
Was about 7p a litre cheaper than the Asda by the metrocentre the other day

The fruit and veg while not cheaper is of significantly superior quality than supermarket stuff. It lasts for absolutely ages so I find there is very little waste.

I buy the meat/fish in bulk, vacuum seal it and freeze. The wine selection is class as well.

Pretty much stopped going to local supermarkets now apart from the odd trip to Aldi when I need some bits and pieces.

The fruit and veg while not cheaper is of significantly superior quality than supermarket stuff. It lasts for absolutely ages so I find there is very little waste.

I buy the meat/fish in bulk, vacuum seal it and freeze. The wine selection is class as well.

Pretty much stopped going to local supermarkets now apart from the odd trip to Aldi when I need some bits and pieces.
8 pink lady apples yesterday for about £4.60 bit excessive like

Haven't been in years. Used to go when we needed to bulk buy stuff for events at a former charity I worked for.
Turns out what we needed it was cheaper to get it in TESCO!

Haven't been in years. Used to go when we needed to bulk buy stuff for events at a former charity I worked for.
Turns out what we needed it was cheaper to get it in TESCO!
A lot of stuff is..

Case of 12 Branston Beans the other week worked out at about 20p a tin more expensive

Is was over 8 quid for 12 tins

Fish and meat is no cheaper / slightly more expensive than supermarkets. However, quality seems to be fair higher than the crap you get at the supermarkets.

I enjoy raiding the concessions stands as I go around, come out full.

They often have good deals on big ticket items. Buy a TV etc on offer and the subs will pay for themselves.

You and your Branston Beans...
That's ridiculous mind.

I never got the VAT thing with COSTCO either
Yeah it's easy to be drawn in.. the pricing is clearer now but used to be a pain .

Branston Beans just something it was easy to make a comparison for..

I'm a pretty astute shopper so I know generally what is cheaper..

MoMA oat milk . 6 cartons for 6 quid is a good deal for instance.. few go to things I get...

Heinz organic ketchup too.. 3 decent sized bottles for about a fiver..

Just have to keep your wits about you not to be drawn in

Last edited:
Yeah it's easy to be drawn in.. the pricing is clearer now but used to be a pain .

Branston Beans just something it was easy to make a comparison for..

I'm a pretty astute shopper so I know generally what is cheaper..

MoMA oat milk . 6 cartons for 6 quid is a good deal for instance.. few go to things I get...

Heinz organic ketchup too.. 3 decent sized bottles for about a fiver..

Just have to keep your wits about you not to be drawn in
Our Costco is right next to a Tesco - makes it easy to split our shopping in two batches.

Costco is great for some stuff if you shop sensibly.

Don't really see the fuss with it, most stuff is similar prices in the supermarket and you don't have to buy 100 of them.

It might be similar prices but not similar sizes. Humongous isn't the word! I have been once and I have looked on the site for examples and frankly amazed people would buy SIX 900ml bottles of Fairy liquid for £9.79. Our largest bottle of Fairy liquid is 870ml. What would one want with that many huge bottles of Fairy liquid? It would be good if you are in the business of making WW3 nuclear fallout bunkers. You would need that much of such huge things if you are hiding from a nuclear bomb's fallout.

It might be similar prices but not similar sizes. Humongous isn't the word! I have been once and I have looked on the site for examples and frankly amazed people would buy SIX 900ml bottles of Fairy liquid for £9.79. Our largest bottle of Fairy liquid is 870ml. What would one want with that many huge bottles of Fairy liquid? It would be good if you are in the business of making WW3 nuclear fallout bunkers. You would need that much of such huge things if you are hiding from a nuclear bomb's fallout.
Maybe they know something you don't SBC😜

Back