Costco

I've got a mate who has a membership and goes fairly regularly, he seems to get his money worth. I've been in with him before and got a few bits but like others have said, on a lot of things there doesn't seem to be any saving compared to buying in a supermarket.

Mind, I did get a decent telly from there on Black Friday, with a 5 year warranty as well, happy with that.

Membership hasn’t changed. It’s just Everyman or dog has got a membership these days. Since it’s been open 20 plus years

plus they have people go round business parks signing people up using the business they work for as a way to get membership.

like said. Go before 12 if you have a proper trade membership.

Been today, after joining at the weekend.

Don't really see the fuss with it, most stuff is similar prices in the supermarket and you don't have to buy 100 of them.

Or am I missing something?
It isn't partularly cheap other than the odd thing on offer. Most the stuff is decent quality though.
I normally (before Covid) save enough on fuel to pay for itself. My wife loves it, I don't really see the benefit.

Their electrical warranties are good though.
yea. Buying my petrol from Costco pays for my membership and some
How much cheaper is the petrol? I hadn't noticed.
What beer do they sell? Anything special, like kegs or anything unusual?
They've had those perfect draft machines and kegs in recently. The beer isn't usually as cheap as the supermarkets though.

Last edited:
We've used it for years, but you don't do your weekly shop there, unless you're minted. If you want top quality food you get it there at a decent price, which isn't cheap. Some of the stuff is a bargain, but it's away from the food you score. Electricals, household stuff etc you get the best at an excellent price (but need to check sometimes it's daft). It's also worth noting if there is a problem their customer service is absolutely no quibble. Fuel is always cheaper.

Been today, after joining at the weekend.

Don't really see the fuss with it, most stuff is similar prices in the supermarket and you don't have to buy 100 of them.

Or am I missing something?
Just bought a Silent Night double bed from Costco.. £150 saving so it’s a yes from me ( fuel is cheap as well )

Back