Costco

We let our membership lapse, couldn't be arsed with trailing through Gateshead and neither of us pass by there often enough to drop in.

Don't think the prices were that great, although we did find it helpful to stock up prior to saving for moving house as it kept the monthly outgoings lower.

Good for petrol and the pizza though.

I’ve been a member, let it lapse. Rejoin, let it lapse and so on. The stuff I buy is hardly essential but good quality.

I used to be a member in Bushy until we moved down here and some of the cloths were good value. Ralph Lauren shirts were <£50 when the shops had them for £90.
Tag watch was about 1/2 the cost as the shops too. You saved a couple of quid off a cd and the meat was really good too.
I did miss it for a while and when the daughter was a uni I would have had a look at it again in Bristol if lockdown hadn’t happened

We've done the like for like with tesco and Asda. We cover the membership fee in one visit and go about three times a year.
Only certain items are cheaper so you do have to pick and choose but the quality of product is always spot on.
The meat is fantastic but normally too much in a pack for us to bother, sometimes get the flank stake.
The bin bags are the best, no worries carrying body parts in those if you are a dexter type.

I have a membership but only got half a dozen times a year. Very selective on what is worth buying .

Cheese is always good you can get a quality mature cheddar for a fiver a kilo .

Levi jeans when they have them in for about £40 too.

Booze is no cheaper and most food stuffs the same.. main draw is you get some imported stuff that you would t find elsewhere.

The salmon while not cheap is always quality...

Fuel again is cheaper however the queues are horrendous for it

Last edited:

Back