Corporate Evening with Bain & Grayson.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm a corporate customer, but I'm not invited :lol: - I share a table with another company, and in the past have had full boxes, bought boxes at the concerts etc but apparently I haven't been a corporate customer for long enough (only 7 years), haven't spent enough (nearly 6 figures) and I'm not on the list. I have also have the misfortune of dealing with a particular lady in the commercial team, who informed me she is too busy to ever come and say hello at any of the games. If I could be arsed, I would copy and paste the amateur, insulting emails I have received since the summer discussing my spend and status as a customer.

The club is a shambles

Bain's all about the PR spin IMO. Just getting his patter across to the little groups like this who may lap it up.

Actual person in the stands - Fans wise, I'm certain they just use the press they have in their pockets. We had all the 'atmosphere' shit from hunter and the echo earlier in the week. Today it's Scott Wilson in northern echo, saying how it's awful for poor Sunderland players playing in front of these fans who are dying for them to fail.
I've paraphrased that but he basically (quite literally actually) says that:rolleyes:
I've no doubt this PR charlatan is nudging them

Enjoyed these in the past with Quinn, Bruce, Walton, etc.

But I actually could not be less interested to listen to what these have to say, hope there's about 5 people there.

That is true. But he has loaned them tens of millions when they got it wrong and dropped. Twice he has done this. Their next accounts will make ugly reading , especially including the extra £30m he loaned them last January. But he didn't take fright, poured it in, got back up and can put it up for sale, (HMRC allowing and all that mind....).

The likely hood is that Ellis Short just does not have the money to do the same. If he/the club has an external debt carrying heavy interest payments each year and which threatens his entire investment, it seems to me he mustn't be able to pay it off. I can see why he wouldn't want to after the cash he has lost, but he'll lose the lot if Mr Administrator turns up sometime in 2019.
How much has brexit had to do with Short’s money and our club’s demise?

First I have heard of that
There was a thread about it not that long back. As some other poster has said, they throw in Bally to try to keep things civil and respectable.

It's a joke. I wanted Grayson and thought Bain was alright, but fast coming round to them both being yes men, happy for a decent wage. Grayson needs to go, but whether it's Grayson or someone else, loads of other people have to go too and the culture needs to change.

BTW, I don't have a problem with Short per se - he's done his "best" but his best isn't good enough and he's made some dreadful errors. He's not done any of this on purpose but regardless that's where we are.

Personally I'd make Bally manager perm and go hell for leather selling the club if I was short.

Really we've been on the slide since Keane left. PDC and the start of MON and end of BSA have been the only bright spots IMO. That and beating the scum so many times in a row ha (PDC or Poyet AJ one was the best). Maybe worth having Short in charge for those alone.

Awful.

Tinpot local businessmen in their ill fitting Asda George suits feeling self important for a day in the presence of Bain/Grayson greatness.

Boils my piss that the club will entertain a few suits to try and sell a box but are shit scared of the general support.
Come the revolution brother, ridiculous post! do I detect a small overtone of envy?

There might be something interesting in it tonight once you sift through. The more opportunities for communication the better. Personally I'm more interested in the RAWA meeting with Bain, though. Was meant to have been yesterday wasn't it?

Someone whee's gannin' should knock up some bingo cards...

"All in this together"

"Nobody wants to be in this position"

"Everybody's hurting"

"Mistakes have been made"

Several different variations on "work hard"

"Ellis cares deeply about the club"

"Players who want to be here"

"What's needed in this league"

"Get behind us"

"Work in progress"

"Won't happen overnight"

Someone whee's gannin' should knock up some bingo cards...

"All in this together"

"Nobody wants to be in this position"

"Everybody's hurting"

"Mistakes have been made"

Several different variations on "work hard"

"Ellis cares deeply about the club"

"Players who want to be here"

"What's needed in this league"

"Get behind us"

"Work in progress"

"Won't happen overnight"

"Reconnect the club with its fans"

"Community"

"Player trading"

"Still writing the cheques"

"A takeover would need to be in the best interests of the club"

Come the revolution brother, ridiculous post! do I detect a small overtone of envy?

Until the man addresses the fans direct I have no respect for him whatsoever and I certainly wouldn't prostitute myself to be smarmed by him at a business event.

Awful.

Tinpot local businessmen in their ill fitting Asda George suits feeling self important for a day in the presence of Bain/Grayson greatness.

Boils my piss that the club will entertain a few suits to try and sell a box but are shit scared of the general support.

Very twisted and bitter towards people you don’t know anything about aren’t you. Some of those people, a fair number solid SAFC fans, will have contributed tens of thousands of pounds over many years supporting SAFC. Amongst those corporate clients are small local businesses putting their hard-earned into our club but you dismiss it out of hand - Some very successful companies and individuals providing work and opportunities for local people but they are ‘tinpot’ - Things are bad at the club but it’s got bugger all to do with those divvying up for corporate facilities. Very cheap shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back