Corporate Evening with Bain & Grayson.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think the difference being Ashley has had Newcastle making a profit season after season whereas we've hemoraged money.

He's still put around £260m in total into the club, writing debt off and NUFC owe Ashley or companies owned by Ashley around £129m. The difference is that he gambled last season and won and will probably get ALL his money back on sale of the club. Short gambled in a different way and his "investment" is currently largely worthless.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...-ashley-wedded-newcastle-uniteds-11146278.amp

He's still put around £260m in total into the club, writing debt off and NUFC owe Ashley or companies owned by Ashley around £129m. The difference is that he gambled last season and won and will probably get ALL his money back on sale of the club. Short gambled in a different way and his "investment" is currently largely worthless.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...-ashley-wedded-newcastle-uniteds-11146278.amp
Didn’t they make a similar profit to us in the transfer market last summer?

Didn’t they make a similar profit to us in the transfer market last summer?

But factor in that they got £6m instead of £100m TV money (plus the parachute payment) and had no relegation clause. You'd imagine they made a loss during their promotion season.

But factor in that they got £6m instead of £100m TV money (plus the parachute payment) and had no relegation clause. You'd imagine they made a loss during their promotion season.
Probably made a loss as will we more than likely, £6m instead of £100m where are those figures coming from?
I think they were fortunate (or very good) in getting huge fees for Sissoko in particular. They also had a few high earners who they managed to move out/release people like Cisee, Tiote, Coloccini, helps they hadn't been making losses every year in the Premier league as well.

Probably made a loss as will we more than likely, £6m instead of £100m where are those figures coming from?
I think they were fortunate (or very good) in getting huge fees for Sissoko in particular. They also had a few high earners who they managed to move out/release people like Cisee, Tiote, Coloccini, helps they hadn't been making losses every year in the Premier league as well.

TV money for the relegation season and the TV money they made last season (and that £6m was the highest in the Championship)

Our wage bill has been absolutely slashed...at least halved, and probably more whereas theirs was the highest ever recorded in the Championship....said to be over £75m and this was only possible because the owner put another £33m into the club via an interest free loan.

TV money for the relegation season and the TV money they made last season (and that £6m was the highest in the Championship)

Our wage bill has been absolutely slashed...at least halved, and probably more whereas theirs was the highest ever recorded in the Championship....said to be over £75m and this was only possible because the owner put another £33m into the club via an interest free loan.
TV money for the relegation season is £94m versus £73m when they were relegated.
It remains to be seen what if anything our owner or there owner put in and how. For what it's worth I think you are broadly right, they took a bit more of a risk although from a stronger starting point although the gap probably isn't as big as it appears.

TV money for the relegation season is £94m versus £73m when they were relegated.
It remains to be seen what if anything our owner or there owner put in and how. For what it's worth I think you are broadly right, they took a bit more of a risk although from a stronger starting point although the gap probably isn't as big as it appears.

Where do you get the £73m figure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back