Coronavirus compendium thread

Starmer quick out of the blocks.

Apart from the obvious ( testing, PPE ) he is asking that the Gov.

1. Prepare a vaccination roll out plan now in advance of the jabs
2. Publish its strategy to get out of Lockdown.

This last point is key imo.
...We seem to have a vacuum of ideas and leadership.
Is there a plan?

Why should we as citizens spend our entire summer sitting indoors?
People will refuse to do this unless they see a clear plan/ strategy.

The communication effort needs to be 100% better - no more optimistic noises fro the likes of Hancock- let's see what the real issues and problems are and how severe they are. ..... Until we know his we cannot begin to solve them .

Gov needs to quickly find a way to function and Starmer need to ker2p the pressure on for proper answers.

This story is full of random speculation.

It also states that SARS1 was spread from a lab.
Not true.
How do they get away with printing thus crap ?

Last edited:

Is there a plan?

The communication effort needs to be 100% better - no more optimistic noises fro the likes of Hancock- let's see what the real issues and problems are and how severe they are. ..... Until we know his we cannot begin to solve them .

Gov needs to quickly find a way to function and Starmer need to ker2p the pressure on for proper answers.

I agree with Starmer on some issues I hope he doesn’t just batter Boris trying to score political points though, this is what it will come across like if it’s all negative.
Why doesn’t Starmer offer solutions to his questions, then it comes across as an alternative idea, rather than usual Corbyn, moan, moan, moan.
Rolling out a vaccine strategy before one is invented will be difficult, no timeframe will be possible, they are not even sure if immunisation is guaranteed if you have had the virus, so the numbers will not be known either.

An exit strategy will only be known once the solution to the virus is known, it isn’t yet.

Staying in all summer you may have no alternative other than spreading it around if, you decide it’s not for you or others.
Hancock needs to provide targets and facts instead of waffle and hot air.
Ramp up, doesn’t cut it anymore, neither does the slogan repeating.
Politicians are not in a immediate results business usually and are used to conning people with lies now.
This won’t work and as they are finding they are failing.
I believe the press are also in this and have been told to keep certain questions quiet, like face masks for the public.
Hancock should be battered from pillar to post, he isn’t.

I agree with Starmer on some issues I hope he doesn’t just batter Boris trying to score political points though, this is what it will come across like if it’s all negative.
Why doesn’t Starmer offer solutions to his questions, then it comes across as an alternative idea, rather than usual Corbyn, moan, moan, moan.
Rolling out a vaccine strategy before one is invented will be difficult, no timeframe will be possible, they are not even sure if immunisation is guaranteed if you have had the virus, so the numbers will not be known either.

An exit strategy will only be known once the solution to the virus is known, it isn’t yet.

Staying in all summer you may have no alternative other than spreading it around if, you decide it’s not for you or others.
Politicians are not in a immediate results business usually and are used to conning people with lies now.
I believe the press are also in this and have been told to keep certain questions quiet, like face masks for the public.
Why should Hancock be battered from pillar to post but Johnson gets a free ride?

Is there a plan?

This story is full of random speculation.

It also states that SARS1 was spread from a lab.
Not true.
How do they get away with printing thus crap ?

JC spent 4 hard long years telling them what they should be doing and the took no f***ing notice. Not a chance they will let it be seen that Labour have proposed the way forward. They would rather see discord than that.

Handcock on marr commented that the new min ventilators now required (at next weeks peak) is down from 30,000 to 18,000, but only if the public stay indoors . He then, after multiple questions on the topic suggested the government would only have 13,500 available next weekend.......

That announcement he made in the HOP on 23rd of January 10 weeks ago claiming the uk was 'well prepared' for covid 19 hasnt aged well

Shocked he was lying tbf.

Seems so genuine when praising the NHS staff as well. Shame he didn’t vote for them to get a pay rise when he hasn’t the chance like.

Am I the only one who finds these zany street entertainers a bit shit? Currently have one 'entertaining' the neighbourhood a street away and I feel like f***ing the social distance measures off and ramming thr microphone up his arse

I'm happy to report that contrary to what the facebook neighbourhood gossip groups are saying, the seafront has been very quiet today. Possibly the quietest I've ever known it.

Delivering vaccines requires a semblance of organisation and coordination to get the thing in appropriate quantity to schools, GP surgeries and hospitals.
So yes we do not have vaccines yet - but it would be good to be prepared.

We wouldn't want to be caught with our trousers down ( again ...)

The bigger point is on the dissemination of a 'plan '

If there is no plan - then let's disseminate that fact so that we all know....

I'm fed up being led up the garden path by these incompetents.

I know it's difficult- but we can at least be honest about our shortcomings so we know whete wec stand

The more I hear about testing - the more I realise that this isn't something you can simply switch on. ...

It needed kit , planning, staff , materials on hand and ready to go.
We failed in that endeavour and I find that quite depressing

Back